FSU clowns us yet again. Thanks Donna

Even Radio went 2-2 against Free Shoes, and the talent disparity was probably greater then (maybe not, the 2008 and 2010 games should have been big wins for us, the better team).

Getting abosulutely pwned in recruiting, the way Jimbo has done to Golden five times in a row, means that they are years and years ahead.

Know, that if Golden had FSU's team last season, they lose 5-6 games.

Advertisement
Actually, kind of funny.

I remember over on the old Grassy site how everybody was fapping over the idea of joining the ACC and I was one of the few people not enthused over the idea. i thought the ACC was a bad match for the U and that we should have stayed in an eastern conference. The Big Eas might not have folded the way it did had we not left.

Somehow, I just knew the ACC was not a good place for us.

It also exposes something I long suspected--that one of the reasons we won so many NCs was because we played comparatively soft schedules over the years as an independent and then in the Big East. I'm not sure we would have won five had we been in the ACC the whole time.

Of course, nobody wants to deal with what might be the truth.

During our championship or dynastic years, the only schedule that I would call soft was in '89. That year it was basically a two game schedule. We went 1-1, losing at Doak with our backup quarterback and smashing nD in the OB with a healthy CErickson. The year before we played the toughest schedule I've seen as a Canes' fan. I think it ranks among the top five of all time. That schedule featured pre-season number one f$u, swc champion Arky, co-sec champion lsu, big-10 champ mich, eventual national champion nD, big 8 champ Nebraska, and byu.

***** them anyway. So they beat us when we are a bad team, like now. We beat their rears when they had really good teams and reaped their hearts out over three decades by being the only team they could not beat. One coach is all we need and they are toast again. And we will not need a rapist protection program to do it.

MAtador,
I think the real difference is that UM football had a much greater financial stake in winning back in the Big East. Now, it simply does not matter if we win or not.

Advertisement
Even Radio went 2-2 against Free Shoes, and the talent disparity was probably greater then (maybe not, the 2008 and 2010 games should have been big wins for us, the better team).

Getting abosulutely pwned in recruiting, the way Jimbo has done to Golden five times in a row, means that they are years and years ahead.

Know, that if Golden had FSU's team last season, they lose 5-6 games.

we did lose 6 games so you're saying our team last year was as good as FSU's last year?

Advertisement
Back