FSU caught cheating

My guess is **** went deeper than that and they were like “yeah let’s take the slap on the wrist and walk away”
IMG_9736.gif

Advertisement
so telling the truth to the NCAA for UM resulted in such better results. Folks holding water for the NCAA and calling themselves Hurricane fans. Man the irony.

Wow, you have truly lost sight of reality.

First, Atkins got "hammered" the hardest of any individual BECAUSE he lied. Same as that ****head Michigan coach who got fired.

Second, what is worse, "lying to the NCAA and getting hammered" or "being honest with the NCAA and getting hammered" (the Miami punishment)?

Love to hear your "angle" on that.

Actually, I wouldn't love to hear your angle on that, I'm sure it will be more substance-free tough-talk about how we should not back down, how we should stand our ground, how we should stand me up at the gates of ****, yada yada yada.

Again, if you can't see how F$U sacrificed Atkins and Flaccid Spear so that the NCAA would NOT investigate all the rest of their wrongdoing (because, yeah, the Amarius Mims recruitment is the ONLY thing rotten in Talla-*******-hassee), then you can't be helped.

Pretty much posted it before your response. I'm really not understanding the "tough talk" though, I'm not really a tough dude, I'm a softie.

I'm upset FSU rolled over here, nothing more, nothing less. Folks seeing that as supporting "FSU" really need to stop reading into things.

Exactly. They'll come after Mario first chance they get. They don't like the fact that Miami's NIL system is reasonably airtight.

They'll come at Cristobal through one of his assistants. Remember that that's how the Loan Scandal happened. If memory serves, someone who worked in the Athletic Department was massaging NDSL's to help the players out (one of you guys will have to refresh my memory) and the NCAA used that as the camel's nose in the tent to go after the entire program and kill the program for about five years.

Butch's rebuild was the stuff of Legend.

lol I can't lie this makes me worried. Of course they make an example out of FSU and none of the SEC schools

Advertisement
so telling the truth to the NCAA for UM resulted in such better results. Folks holding water for the NCAA and calling themselves Hurricane fans. Man the irony.

Hmmm...

2 years probation for F$U, 1 year for Miami
2 year show-cause and 3-game suspension for Atkins (on a 12-game season), no show-cause and 3-game self-imposed suspension for Meier (on a 29-game season)
3-year booster disassociation, none for Mr. Ruiz
1-year Flaccid Spear collective disassociation, none for UM's collective

So, yeah, seems like NOT LYING to the NCAA might result in a better outcome.

Hilarious, and soooo unexpected...

Huh? Who is holding water for the NCAA? Don't we want our rival schools that cheat their *** off to get their medicine? #WeirdTake

I'm not a fan of the IRS but if my rival business is not paying taxes and can have lower prices and be more competitive than I can, you bet your britches I want them prosecuted.

So everything the NCAA does to everyone else but UM is cool? Even the NCAA itself states its rules for NIL are not existing. It's probably mainly due to them losing every single case in courts on it so far. So them going down this path, even against FSU, is shaky ground at best.

But them doing it means they are probably lining up to bring heat against a bunch of other schools, of which UM has already been on their NIL radar with the twins and the fact that we are pretty Prominent players in the NIL game, that doesn't bode well for us.

We have to be BETTER than perfect with the commies at the NCAA. Anyone not seeing that, well I hope they won't be shocked if they come after us, even for some BS.

Hmmm...

2 years probation for F$U, 1 year for Miami
2 year show-cause and 3-game suspension for Atkins (on a 12-game season), no show-cause and 3-game self-imposed suspension for Meier (on a 29-game season)
3-year booster disassociation, none for Mr. Ruiz
1-year Flaccid Spear collective disassociation, none for UM's collective

So, yeah, seems like NOT LYING to the NCAA might result in a better outcome.

Hilarious, and soooo unexpected...

And the rules were changed shortly after the UM ruling on that, if we had the same rules after the ruling as before, it would have been much worse.

Look, I think we are arguing over silly stuff. Again, my concern is mainly where the NCAA goes with this, cause it never bodes well for us. Plus I really didn't like FSU just rolling over, doesn't do anything for other schools. That's my angle, plain and simple. If folks have fault with it, so be it, I stand by my opinion.

And the rules were changed shortly after the UM ruling on that, if we had the same rules after the ruling as before, it would have been much worse.

Look, I think we are arguing over silly stuff. Again, my concern is mainly where the NCAA goes with this, cause it never bodes well for us. Plus I really didn't like FSU just rolling over, doesn't do anything for other schools. That's my angle, plain and simple. If folks have fault with it, so be it, I stand by my opinion.

I think you misunderstand how the rules were changed.

Regardless, you've got quite the combination in all your posts of:

1. Wrong
2. Repetetive
3. Arrogant
4. Insulting
5. Still wrong, even after the true facts have been pointed out
6. Presumptuous
7. Tilting at windmills and straw-men and non-existent "NCAA-lovers"

Advertisement
I think you misunderstand how the rules were changed.

Regardless, you've got quite the combination in all your posts of:

1. Wrong
2. Repetetive
3. Arrogant
4. Insulting
5. Still wrong, even after the true facts have been pointed out
6. Presumptuous
7. Tilting at windmills and straw-men and non-existent "NCAA-lovers"

Wrong, Repetitve, arrogant, insulting.... It sounds like we might be sharing username and passwords. It describes most anyone you don't agree. I was trying to be amenable, but again, your opinion is your opinion. I didn't attack you for yours, but you seem to have me for mine. Which I am good with, it's a message board, the internet, how things have to work,

If you feel you have to get internet points trying to belittle me in a post cause we don't agree, You are + scored now and should be happy.

Isn't it funny that FSU has an amazing season and goes 13-0 with winning the ACC but then they have taken so many L's since the ACCC game. 1. Left out of the playoffs 2. There fanbase are revealed as the biggest crybabies (we always knew that but now the country does) 3. Mario destroys them in recruiting and FSU goes from a great recruiting class to just meh 4. Gets destroyed in the bowl game by Georgia 5. Now NIL sanctions

100% they will blame the ACC

Advertisement
FSU for sure hasn't helped their cases on many issues in the court of public opinion. There PR folks are not batting to well lately on pretty much any front.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back