FSU caught cheating

F540A8F5-C957-4FBA-ACE7-229E7EDC5687-6760-00000200B3D077D4.gif

Advertisement
Exactly. They'll come after Mario first chance they get. They don't like the fact that Miami's NIL system is reasonably airtight.

They'll come at Cristobal through one of his assistants. Remember that that's how the Loan Scandal happened. If memory serves, someone who worked in the Athletic Department was massaging NDSL's to help the players out (one of you guys will have to refresh my memory) and the NCAA used that as the camel's nose in the tent to go after the entire program and kill the program for about five years.

Butch's rebuild was the stuff of Legend.
I know many here hate Ruiz but dude invited the NCAA to freely look at all of his NIL stuff and even had a PowerPoint on what NILs should look like that the NCAA had many people watch

Advertisement
In a first of its kind in the NIL era, the school must disassociate with the NIL collective representative for a term of three years. The school also must disassociate from the NIL collective for one year as well. As part of the dissociation, FSU cannot accept assistance from the collective and the collective cannot contribute to the athletic program in any way. However, the collective is free to continue working with FSU athletes on NIL endeavors.

Other penalties include:

- two years of probation.

- scholarship reductions of 5% over the next two academic years.

- a reduction by seven in official visits for 2023-24.

- a prohibition on recruiting communication for six weeks over the next two academic years, including this next week (Jan. 12-18).

- a prohibition on communication with athletes in the transfer portal from April 15-21.

- a reduction by 18 evaluation days this spring.

- a financial penalty of 1% of the athletic department’s budget.

per Yahoo Sports

Advertisement
While Miami was under the "CLOUD", did FSU take up for Miami or did they reap the benefits in the tune of a natty? **** em...

I didn't take up for FSU. I said FSU rolled over and I am ****ed they didn't fight it, ****ed for them. I am not supporting FSU here, but I am not for the NCAA doing it to them, cause for the most part, every **** major P5 school would get rolled for the same thing and if you don't think they are going to be up our asses with a microscope for the same thing, stand by.

They are getting their asses handed to them in the courts for just about anything NIL related, so them coming down on any school for this, FSU included, really shows the level of incompetence the NCAA has. Them hammering FSU for it, even more so.

But FSU being a bunch of pussies and inviting the NCAA to butt tap them here on it, that is kind of the cherry on the cake. We can cheer it because it is FSU, I don't give two craps about that, what I care about is the precedent it sets. THAT is not good. Folks I guess need a book explaining every post. Then folks wonder why good posters just stop posting, it's cause the lynch mob thought process that goes on here when everything doesn't match a prescribed narrative.

But I digress. The point being here is this not good for anyone, but folks can cheer FSU got hammered. Have at it.

Advertisement
Asking this question for a friend...

Was the issue that connected FSU directly to the violation the fact that Atkins drove them to the meeting?
If he had not driven them to the meeting, how can you punish a school for the actions of an 'independent' third party (the collective)? At most, the penalty would be the disassociation of the collective and booster from the school.

Also, **** the noles. They deserve everything bad that happens to them

Advertisement
"I'm ****ed off for FSU"
vomit GIF

Yes, I'm ****ed off for FSU because they were such a bunch of pussies and agreed and rolled over. That ****es me off, cause it makes it harder for every school now. But again, reading is a bit harder for others than some. I guess it is why you are gif'ing instead of writing, but again, it's okie dokie with me. I don't need your validation or approval.

Advertisement
Back