fsu blows too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep. We're in no position as a baseball program at the moment to talk **** about F$U. They suck, but so do we, and either team could beat the other this season.

Exactly.

I hate years like this. You know have enough talent to hang with anyone, and on certain days, beat the brakes off them. Instead, the trend of comedic errors, erratic pitching and hitting draughts in key situations continues from the previous years (coach).

F$U "normally" has some hitters. Until we start seeing some more consistent fundamentals, I see a pillow fight between the 2 squads and no reason at all to talk ****...lol. I hope I'm wrong and we kick the **** out of them next weekend 3 straight.

Advertisement
Yep. We're in no position as a baseball program at the moment to talk **** about F$U. They suck, but so do we, and either team could beat the other this season.

Pretty uninformed statement. We're at 38 in the RPI. FSU is 93. They need a miracle to make the NCAAs. We just need to play how we have the 1st half.

Yes, we've had some disappointing losses, but we're on the right side of the bubble right now, which is about what you'd expect given we have the youngest team in the country.

If we lose to FSU, then yeah we cant talk ****. But if you dont understand how we're in better shape than them right now, I guess you just dont follow the sport

Advertisement
Pretty uninformed statement. We're at 38 in the RPI. FSU is 93. They need a miracle to make the NCAAs. We just need to play how we have the 1st half.

Yes, we've had some disappointing losses, but we're on the right side of the bubble right now, which is about what you'd expect given we have the youngest team in the country.

If we lose to FSU, then yeah we cant talk ****. But if you dont understand how we're in better shape than them right now, I guess you just dont follow the sport
I'm not complaining about where we are RPI-wise at this point. I hope we keep it up, and it could help our case for the postseason when the time comes for that. ****, the rest of our schedule is pretty winnable, but we could easily **** ourselves and end up in the same boat as F$U because we are young/flawed.

We have flaws as a team that make us an inconsistent squad. We can lose to a Columbia squad at home who has no business on the field with us, but then we can turn around and pretty much blowout a decent FAU squad. We can play head up with highly ranked teams and come close to winning series against them (see UF/UNC/NCSU), or we can nearly shart the bed against the likes of Pitt on the road (snow or no snow - we should have swept their asses). We had to rely on Veliz coming in and striking out their clean-up hitter with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th on Sunday, or Pitt would have won that series. That was a close series mainly due to our pitching...and it shouldn't have been.

Defense and pitching are hurting us at the most inopportune times right now. While I will say "we suck" might have been a bit harsh, we aren't some juggernaut making reservations for Omaha like some of you make us out to be either.

If RPI makes all of the difference in the discussion, we've already lost to RPI 177 in Columbia on our home field. I don't think we've earned the right to talk **** or take any team lightly, much less a struggling rival who would love nothing better than to beat our asses to soften the blow of their struggles.

If RPI makes all of the difference in the discussion, we've already lost to RPI 177 in Columbia on our home field. I don't think we've earned the right to talk **** or take any team lightly, much less a struggling rival who would love nothing better than to beat our asses to soften the blow of their struggles.

This is such a stupid take.

The 2001 Canes lost a series to Rutgers. Not a single game. A series.

We've lost to D2 teams made it to Omaha in the same season.

It's baseball.

Anybody can lose a game.

No we're not. We are tied for 9th in the ACC.

Advertisement
This is such a stupid take.

The 2001 Canes lost a series to Rutgers. Not a single game. A series.

We've lost to D2 teams made it to Omaha in the same season.

It's baseball.

Anybody can lose a game.

Ah, the old "anyone can lose a game" take in year three of the free fall. Yes, Piccolo, we learned the hard way over the last two years that anyone can lose games.

Why do people even watch the games? They are obviously not rooting for the team....

I am excited about the team and much happier at 18-10 than I was as of April 1, 2018.......

If we can recruit 3 good pitchers, then 2020 will be even better... We are two years removed from Omaha, what is the big deal. We have a legitimate shot to be there next year. Am not sure where the griping emanates from.

Great you hate the team! Good for you! Go away....

We were picked to finish 4th in the Coastal and every baseball site had us either as the last ACC team in the tourney or missing the tourney entirely preseason.

If the season ended today, we'd be in the tourney as a #3 seed per Baseball America, so we're right in line with how people thought we'd be.

This was a total rebuild starting last year, after Morris mailed in recruiting for a few seasons then tried to rely on Jucos. We're better than last year by a lot and on the right side of the bubble now. We have no seniors and only 6 Juniors, and every position starter is an underclassman. This team is building towards being a top 10-15 team next year, and then DiMare has built some great recruiting classes in 2019-21. The 2019 class in particular is a model UM recruiting class. It's ranked 6th in the country, and loaded with guys in the 100-400 range, so we'll probably only lose 1-2 guys to the draft

I'm disappointed by how brutal some of the losses have been, but this is a program that has its momentum back and is on the upswing. FSU on the other hand is a mess. They were a preseason national seed pick and now will probably miss the tourney. They're being outrecruited by us and UF. And Martin is trying to force them to turn the program over to his unqualified son. I'll take where were at over them

Advertisement
Back