FSU and Greg Bryant/Alex Collins

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Some people have been wondering about this connection and how it could affect Miami with Collins. I've been told that while Bryant is telling people that FSU is in his top three, FSU isn't necessarily going extremely hard after him. They are recruiting him and keeping him on the board if things don't go their way with Collins. Collins is their #1 target (not surprisingly) and it's not a scenario where Bryant would not "take his spot" if he tried to commit.

Advertisement
What's the deal with Bryant? Why is he so highly rated by the services yet UF, FSU, and Miami are all going after Collins HARD and recruiting him like he is the #1 back in the state (which, IMO, he is)?

Ugh, that just tells me FSU is really pushing hard for Collins. Also that Bryant is impressed by FSU, keeping them in his Top 3 even though they arent pursing him that hard. A little discouraging. Guess that just means the staff really needs to pull out all the stops and buckle down on Collins. Not saying they havent already but ya know...

What's the deal with Bryant? Why is he so highly rated by the services yet UF, FSU, and Miami are all going after Collins HARD and recruiting him like he is the #1 back in the state (which, IMO, he is)?

I'm with you; Collins is the best back in the state. Not sure about Bryant.

I'm saying this is an UM\FSU battle all the way. AC is visiting UF but we really aren't in consideration, more like a courtesy visit.

I'm saying this is an UM\FSU battle all the way. AC is visiting UF but we really aren't in consideration, more like a courtesy visit.

Doesn't Gators have to RB commits? Taylor and Lane I think his last name is?

Advertisement

Yes sir. I know the staff wants 1 more back because Gillislee is a senior and Mack Brown will never contribute. As I said they love Collins but we know that it is extremely unlikely that he comes aboard. Kid is a beast; imagine the damage duke and Collins could so together, **** is scary.

Yes sir. I know the staff wants 1 more back because Gillislee is a senior and Mack Brown will never contribute. As I said they love Collins but we know that it is extremely unlikely that he comes aboard. Kid is a beast; imagine the damage duke and Collins could so together, **** is scary.

What's the deal w/ Mack

Advertisement

What's the deal w/ Mack

Just don't think he is very good; he ran ok when given the chance it is just one of those things where it looks like he just doesn't have the "stuff"

Saw an article on Rivals that said Bryant was the best RB in Florida. Serious lulz. That site is a ****ing joke.

Let's all remember this is the same site where their national columnist claimed our recruiting wish list was "generic," and the class in general could turn out to be a "lump of coal."

Personally I feel his article was the biggest "lump of coal."

Why does FSU need Collins while they have several pretty good RBs like Thompson, Wilder and Freeman? It does not make senses to me.

Advertisement
Why does FSU need Collins while they have several pretty good RBs like Thompson, Wilder and Freeman? It does not make senses to me.

To be a great team you need studs on top of studs at every position almost.

Why did 2001 Miami "need" Portis, Gore, McGahee, Davenport?

Rankings are a beauty contest.
If you look at Bryant's tape you sure can see why some people say he's the best.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4705648

I dare anyone to look at the tape above and tell me this kid doesn't have the right stuff.
Looks fantastic. Funny thing is they say he lacks elusiveness and breakaway speed but on the tape he pulls away from everyone and only gets caught once by a defender who had the angle on him, and he looks elusive as ****. Watch his feet on his runs. He's not just a one cut and take off runner. He makes a lot of little moves on seemingly every run.
Looks like Gio Bernard and we all know how passing on him worked out for us.

I tell you this Butch would have tried to sign them both, look back at the runningback classes he brought In, I'm just saying!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back