FSU 57th In Nation allowing 142 YPG

Advertisement
i mean i'm typically a positive guy

but GT was last in FBS in this same metric before we played them and we couldn't / chose not to run all over them

True, but Miami also turned it over five times and held them to 176 total yards before that final possession after the non-fumble.

Georgia Tech should've finished with 17 points and Miami getting it somewhere around 37 if TVD didn't throw the thing away.

The Canes also didn't really commit to the run—27 attempts to 26 passing attempts—while rushing 34 times against Clemson for 211 yards, which opened up a few late deep balls for Williams that were the difference in the game.

Commit to running the ball down FSU's throat, take time off the clock, limit possessions for them and keep Tyler Van Yips from doing anything stupid.

UM has to win the turnover battle tomorrow. There is no other option.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not the yards and time of possession that’s been killing us.

My knowledge of this game is pedestrian. But jfc!

What tf are y’all watching man!
We’ve literally dominated almost everyone we’ve faced if you look a the box score.

Unfortunately, the most important stat of all of is turnovers. And the last 4 games have killed us. And yet our horrible bro style offense fyzical bros that everyone seems to be ****ed at isn’t the reason.

Burning clock to get 3 points or a turnover in the red zone makes any offensive stat irrelevant.

It's very difficult to run the ball effectively when the opposing team knows its coming and knows you can't throw it.

But yeah... do it.
That's very true generally speaking but then you see games like Duke/FSU where FSU knew Duke was going to run the ball because that's what they do plus Leonard was coming back from injury. Duke still ran the ball down FSUs throat. Interesting to note that most of Duke's success on the ground came off tackle and to the outside. It seemed like Duke was calling inside zone then bouncing those runs outside. I'm no expert and maybe somebody here can better describe what I thought I was seeing. They could have been counters with the RB pressing the hole inside then cutting outside. Whatever it was they were doing a great job sealing/pinning that FSU DE/OLB to the inside thus creating those lanes to the outside.

Dawson is not going to magically come up with an an amazing game plan.
If you’ve been paying attention you know what’s coming, prepare yourself.

Advertisement
Dawson is not going to magically come up with an an amazing game plan.
If you’ve been paying attention you know what’s coming, prepare yourself.
I’m starting to think TVD is the OC killer. At one point the fanbase thought Rhett was a bust until the 6 game run that TVD is still living off of

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back