Fspoo

But I saw so many "I want FSU to be undefeated when we play them". You should always want your biggest rival you play every year to lose every game.

Let me speak on this real quick, b/c I saw the comment made by @Tru C and a few others, & I think there’s some misconceptions, false narratives going around.

That comment was made when we, ourselves, were undefeated. The theory was the FSU v. Miami matchup would be a marquee game, where we would be the ones to end them, and boost our résumé.

Also, since I’m a football connoisseur, playing in big marquee games helps recruiting. That OSU vs. UofM was electric, UT v. OU was fire. I don’t think any of those fans want each other to do well, however it makes the games that much more intense when arch rivals are both vying for something.

I don’t believe any Miami fan was rooting for FSU to be where they are now, vs. stating since we appeared to be on our way to a promising season to get back to that 80’s - early 2000’s rivalry where the focus of CFB was on us, and we take their souls.

I, personally, could and would never root for the opps to prosper, but was I intrigued about a potential match up of two top 10 teams where the football world stops to view us? Absolutely for OUR exposure. Once the writing was on the wall for our season, it was business as usual.

Advertisement
How the **** they in top 4
Their schedule was all frosting, so FSU was always going to be on the outside of the bubble. But they're now only one of four undefeated P5 teams. There's no one else you can logically put at the #4 spot in good faith.

Meanwhile in the Doak parking lot...

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
If Miami had had the season FSU had this year and were not in the top 4, people here would be absolutely livid.
There are only 4 undefeated teams??

lol at all these other people so insecure they are trying to say an undefeated FSU shouldn't get a chance to play for a natty. I hope they lose to Louisville but they should absolutely be in with a win. And if we are stuck in this conference for the foreseeable future, an undefeated ACC champ not getting into a playoff with four or less undefeated teams is just another thing others will use to negative recruit against us.

I think that FSU will lose this weekend. Don't believe that Rodemaker will do enough to get them the W. This UL offense is also the second best that FSU has seen all year. Also funny to see the CFP discourse on them getting in. If they win, they have to be in, I agree with that. Also, agree that they'd lose by 20 to anyone they played. Everyone in the CFB world knows that they're frauds. Top 15 team? Yes. Top 4? No way. They'd lose to any other team in the Top 10 right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back