FSpoo game trip recommendations

BishopEli

Recruit
Premium
Wifey is letting me take her to the game for her bday, would love some recommendations for best places to stay. Too old for the club but would love some good eats, also assuming it’ll be a big recruiting weekend would it be tacky to do rusty pelican with her Friday night?

Advertisement
So many but a few I continue to visit for good food and awesome views/atmosphere

Baia Beach Club at the Mondrian

La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental.. go to MO lobby bar before

Juvia- food is a bit overpriced for what you’re getting but it’s atmosphere is unmatched

Ariete in Coconut Grove

Joes if you’ve never been

Cafe La Trova

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you and her are foodies, there are much better choices than Rusty Pelican. But if food isn't a big deal, then of course that view is spectacular.

The Michelins just announced Michelin stars for Miami restaurants-here's a list if you want to try some: https://miami.eater.com/2022/6/9/23...2-restaurants-new-awards-earned-miami-florida.

Stubborn Seed is a favorite of mine.

I haven't been to Cote but as mentioned above, that one is also on the list, as is Ariete also listed above.

In the article, they also have what they call "Bib Gourmand" awards for good meals around $50/person. I'm a big fan of Bachour (go for brunch) and Chug's. (Both are less than $50/person BTW.) Cafe la Trova mentioned above is also a good spot. I think their bar was recently ranked as one of the best in the US.

Try Versailles. Use my name and you will get a nice plastic table in the Gringo Room. The menus will be in English.
True story. I was at a regatta at Coral Reef YC and ran into an old friend who had moved back home to PR. He invited my son and I to dinner and we accepted. We walked in as a group and the place looked nice. Thick carpet, fabric wallpaper, white tablecloths. We walked to an area in the back. We sat at a Formica topped table in cheap chairs. The waiter gave us menus. They were in English and I started to read. My friend looked puzzled and stood up. He called our server and they started talking in Spanish. I speak a little but they we’re going so fast, most went past me. They got very loud. Then the server walked away and Antolin sat down. With a very sad face he said, “Because you are not Hispanic, they put us in the gringo room. He said if we didn’t like it we were free to leave.” Realizing that my friend had taken me to a place where I was subjected to racial discrimination, I knew I could give him crap about it for years perhaps forever! My food was excellent.

Wifey is letting me take her to the game for her bday, would love some recommendations for best places to stay. Too old for the club but would love some good eats, also assuming it’ll be a big recruiting weekend would it be tacky to do rusty pelican with her Friday night?

Not sure if it will be a big OV weekend where Rusty Pelican is used, as many kids are taking OVs in the summertime.

I'll probably go to Yardbird, depending on game time, but that's just me. Joe's Stone Crab will be in season by the time of the game, that's where I'd take the wife on an out-of-town date night.

Advertisement
Go to Cafe La Trova for dinner. Afterwards go to Ball and Chain for refreshments and some Little Havana entertainment

So many but a few I continue to visit for good food and awesome views/atmosphere

Baia Beach Club at the Mondrian

La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental.. go to MO lobby bar before

Juvia- food is a bit overpriced for what you’re getting but it’s atmosphere is unmatched

Ariete in Coconut Grove

Joes if you’ve never been

Cafe La Trova
La Mar has an awesome, very underrated happy hour

Go to Cafe La Trova for dinner. Afterwards go to Ball and Chain for refreshments and some Little Havana entertainment
This ^ and if you’re looking for a rooftop with incredible views of the city on that side of town go to Terra’s. It’s a relatively new rooftop bar that opened up but is great

Advertisement
This ^ and if you’re looking for a rooftop with incredible views of the city on that side of town go to Terra’s. It’s a relatively new rooftop bar that opened up but is great
100 percent agree about the hidden gem Terras

Great Mustard Seed BBQ in West Perrine. Use promo code GOULDSCANE for 20% off a slice of red velvet cake
Don't think a mf'er won't try if if that red velvet cake is right😋😋😋

Hungry Cake GIF

True story. I was at a regatta at Coral Reef YC and ran into an old friend who had moved back home to PR. He invited my son and I to dinner and we accepted. We walked in as a group and the place looked nice. Thick carpet, fabric wallpaper, white tablecloths. We walked to an area in the back. We sat at a Formica topped table in cheap chairs. The waiter gave us menus. They were in English and I started to read. My friend looked puzzled and stood up. He called our server and they started talking in Spanish. I speak a little but they we’re going so fast, most went past me. They got very loud. Then the server walked away and Antolin sat down. With a very sad face he said, “Because you are not Hispanic, they put us in the gringo room. He said if we didn’t like it we were free to leave.” Realizing that my friend had taken me to a place where I was subjected to racial discrimination, I knew I could give him crap about it for years perhaps forever! My food was excellent.
I can't remember any overt racist acts at restaurants. I don't take those issues lightly, but "Gringo Room" is funny as ****!

Advertisement
There is an IHOP at Miramar Parkway and University. Real close to the stadium. Wendy's, McDonalds and Taco Bell are close by.

Advertisement
Back