From the Perch: FSU

View as article

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
11 continuous video narrated clips from the FSU game. Willie Taggart's proverbial nail in the coffin was a dominant performance highlighted by the orange and green trench bullies. Here are some of my take away points from the game:

• Offensive line was very close to dominant in pass protection
  • A lot more guys "looking for work" and the protections seemed much more ironed out
  • Of the two sacks allowed, one was as result of the quarterback holding the ball too long and the other I attributed more on the running back
  • Despite the one sack on the RB, I felt the RB's were exceptional in pass protection
  • Miami did not exceptionally run the ball particularly well but the run game was accentuated by perimeter throws with some success
  • Jarren Williams did not play flawless and left points on the board
  • The contingent that questioned his arm strength really were quieted by the fact he completed two big on the money pass plays
  • Perry has a stronger arm but Williams arm was miles better than FSU's Hornibrook in comparison (Video provided)
  • Williams is a pass first thrower who prefers to extend time in the pocket rather than run
  • Williams showed some exquisite accuracy at various points during the game
  • Third down is still a struggle with this team for various reason (3-15)
  • FSU was victimized by two dagger concept touchdowns last year, this year their poison was the post. They gave up two for touchdowns
  • A couple weeks ago on the orange bowl boys, Malik Rosier point blank said Williams threw one of the best digs and posts he's ever seen. You saw two good ones this game
  • Nine sacks by the defense were orgasmic
  • Very surprised how inept FSU's offense was under Kendal Briles who I have really come to respect offensively over the years
  • Take a bow Miami, you got Willy fired with that performance
  • It is typically hard to run on the other in this series but with that being said, that was as dominant of a performance as you can ask for in a rivalry game
Housekeeping reminders: Please subscribe to the YouTube channel and like if you like. Also the individual clips are always categorized individually under their respective playlists. Feel free to use any clips you like and link them in your posts. You have my forever permission to do so. As well as listening weekly to the main man D$ and crew on the CanesInSight podcast, you can also listen to the Orange Bowl Boy's podcast on ALL you pod platforms. Good win. Let's finish strong shall we.

Advertisement
11 continuous video narrated clips from the FSU game. Willie Taggart's proverbial nail in the coffin was a dominant performance highlighted by the orange and green trench bullies. Here are some of my take away points from the game:

• A lot more guys "looking for work" and the protections seemed much more ironed out
  • Of the two sacks allowed, one was as result of the quarterback holding the ball too long and the other I attributed more on the running back
  • Despite the one sack on the RB, I felt the RB's were exceptional in pass protection
  • Miami did not exceptionally run the ball particularly well but the run game was accentuated by perimeter throws with some success
  • The contingent that questioned his arm strength really were quieted by the fact he completed two big on the money pass plays
  • Perry has a stronger arm but Williams arm was miles better than FSU's Hornibrook in comparison (Video provided)
  • Williams is a pass first thrower who prefers to extend time in the pocket rather than run
  • FSU was victimized by two dagger concept touchdowns last year, this year their poison was the post. They gave up two for touchdowns
  • A couple weeks ago on the orange bowl boys, Malik Rosier point blank said Williams threw one of the best digs and posts he's ever seen. You saw two good ones this game
  • Very surprised how inept FSU's offense was under Kendal Briles who I have really come to respect offensively over the years
  • It is typically hard to run on the other in this series but with that being said, that was as dominant of a performance as you can ask for in a rivalry game
Housekeeping reminders: Please subscribe to the YouTube channel and like if you like. Also the individual clips are always categorized individually under their respective playlists. Feel free to use any clips you like and link them in your posts. You have my forever permission to do so. As well as listening weekly to the main man D$ and crew on the CanesInSight podcast, you can also listen to the Orange Bowl Boy's podcast on ALL you pod platforms. Good win. Let's finish strong shall we.

I like this was legit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great analysis as always. Thanks. ... How do you explain such a bug difference in line play these past two games? Obviously keeping Deejay back there, and I saw more blocking help by the TEs. But the linemen themselves seem to be playing at a much higher level vs. two of the better defensive fronts they've faced in Pitt and FSU. What's changed?

Good stuff but I need some on rousseau and the d.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back