From the Perch: Duke

View as article
Advertisement
I want a pro spread here that allows the ability to check out of a bad play. I would casually infuse that with multiplicity in sets and some baylor spread outside hash prerogatives to create even more space and turn a simple slant into a TD. When Miami's offense can take a simple slant to the house...I know we are back on track. (small little quirky barometer but space can do that for ya)
What's upsetting is that in Spring practice our Oline showed that they could not handle this Offensive Scheme. So why does Enos stick with it. This falls on him alone. In any line of work, if something isn't working you must adjust. Enos never adjusted.

I have a simple question that I think the answer will speak to where the blame for this debacle of a season lies. Considering all our bad/failed plays you reviewed this year, what percentage of those was a good scheme employed (i.e. the play was there) but the player(s) failed to execute, and what percentage was just a bad scheme or play called? And by bad play called I don't mean that the opponent just happened to counter with a scheme/play that beat us, I mean that what we were doing in that situation made no sense. Both offensively and defensively.

Just wondering about your ballpark estimate. Was it about 50-50?

Advertisement
Are you finally done with enos you were slobbing his **** all offseason hopefully you finally realize that you were way off

I went back and read my from the perch enos edition. Said the offense could work here. Offense was more complex. But even then I admitted it was a pro offense and not one I would personally install.

Gave him credit for his ability to get more out of qb's. I waited till the very last 2 weeks to voice my opinion after a full scope and years worth of work.

Did I guarantee championships? No.
Now where I was wrong I NEVER in a million years thought we'd score less points ppg than richt. Throw your stones on that.

But bro... for someone who tries to be as objective as possible clip after clip after clip you really need to consider not everything someone says will come to fruition.

But as long as you feel better I guess

I went back and read my from the perch enos edition. Said the offense could work here. Offense was more complex. But even then I admitted it was a pro offense and not one I would personally install.

Gave him credit for his ability to get more out of qb's. I waited till the very last 2 weeks to voice my opinion after a full scope and years worth of work.

Did I guarantee championships? No.
Now where I was wrong I NEVER in a million years thought we'd score less points ppg than richt. Throw your stones on that.

But bro... for someone who tries to be as objective as possible clip after clip after clip you really need to consider not everything someone says will come to fruition.

But as long as you feel better I guess
the offense we saw Miami run this year sure as **** doesn't look in any way like any of the "pro" offenses i've seen in the NFL this year ---except maybe the Browns or Dolphins

Advertisement
While I love what Shaq and Pinckney have done throughout their careers overall, I can't figure out what's going on with them on some of the plays. Is it bad coaching, or just experienced players who should know better, not doing their job correctly? Multiple times during the season, but especially the past two games (FIU and Duke) where we got gashed for long gains on inside runs by the RB or QB, at least one of Shaq and Pinckney appeared to be completely out of position, leaving a huge, gaping lane for the runner to go through. Multiple times I see one of them rushing full speed to one side of the line before the runner has even made a move, often leaving the area they came from completely vacant. Even worse, on a bunch of occasions I see one of them rush up into the line, right up the back of one of our D-linemen, filling the same exact space that the D-lineman is filling, and leaving, again, an enormous open lane for the runner to go through. Is it something about our scheme, or just poor discipline by the linebackers?

It's ALL on Baker and his schemes! Nothing more, nothing less. Cutcliff's 2-Star and 3-Star offensive starters out performed Miami in the crucial fourth-quarter. Of course great field position helped Duke immensely.

Funny that the only coach to win two Nattys here did it with the single back spread. I’m sick if having antiquated systems run by stubborn and pompous coaches who blame it on execution. They’d blame Gen Custers defeat At Little Bighorn on A lack of execution and tell us we don’t have a clue what we’re talking about.

Advertisement
Back