From Susan Miller Degnan on holding

Advertisement
I’d love it if Richt would call a press conference and have a telestrator all set up and just start the tape and at the end say what kind of crooked **** is going on here? Say I coached a long time and have never seen anything like it. They don’t even hide it.
That would be great, as he has the tapes already. Only statement he would need to make is the number of plays made since an opponent has been called vs. the number we have neen called for. I"m not going to the game but if l was i would have a poster made up witjh a striped shirt with the number of no calls on it. I sm going to email the league and note the numbers snd clesr evidence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The VA game was bad and it was right in front of the Refs. Pitt was pretty bad, but the VA game should be super highlighted. I know it's a thin line they need to walk with this, but if the media is good for anything, they need to shine a light on this issue this week. At least put in their minds

I’d love it if Richt would call a press conference and have a telestrator all set up and just start the tape and at the end say what kind of crooked **** is going on here? Say I coached a long time and have never seen anything like it. They don’t even hide it.

He'd never ever do anything like this for the simple reason that it would backfire catastrophically. He would be effectively blackballed. We'd get one or two "make up" calls for like one game then behind the scenes we'd be punished.

He'd never ever do anything like this for the simple reason that it would backfire catastrophically. He would be effectively blackballed. We'd get one or two "make up" calls for like one game then behind the scenes we'd be punished.

Seems like we already are being punished. Richt has a lot of credibility. It would be so outta the Norm a lot of people would pay attention. I agree it would be a risk but at some point the players gotta know your fighting for them and have their back. 514 plays with no holding call? Using proper channels has not got us anywhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the ACC commish was gonna collude with anyone, why would he not collude with the officials in Miami's favor against Pitt. Then collude with them in Clemson's favor against Miami. Better chance of getting two teams in the playoffs.

Crickets!!

How many holding calls against our oline over that same period of time?

I think that is how they are legitimizing the no calls. We haven't been called for it much either. They take a let em play mentality. Only difference is every week the opposing team is breaking down film of us getting held and no flags coming out. There's no way you can tell me coaches aren't noticing that **** in game prep meetings.

Susan Miller Degnan‏Verified account
@smillerdegnan
Follow Follow @smillerdegnan
More
514 consecutive plays without a holding call against an opposing offensive line. Last time an opposing offensive line was called for holding was at Florida State.

Why, I am not surprised.

This is kind of a big deal. It would be nice if Vilma would point this out next time he's on TV.

Advertisement
ACC will want Clemson to win so don't get your hopes up

I don't doubt you are right, but it is the ultimate in stupidity. This is why they brought us into the ACC. They should be happy they finally have a chance to get The U in the NC game. Clemson had been there twice in a row, does anyone outside of South Carolina even know where the school is? Miami brings what no ACC school can, glamour and attention. We are not WI raining on OSU parade or Auburn stealing light from Bama. We bring the audience the ACC doesn't have -- world outside North and South Carolina. Put Miami in the NC game and everyone will actually know the ACC exist for once. Clemson could win ten titles and they would still just have some stupid rock and a childish hill they run down. Nobody is building hills inside stadiums copying Clemson's entrance, but smoke is everywhere.

Look I have nothing against Clemson, heck the chicks have always been hot up there. My wife hates them but she is a USCe girl. It is just silly to not want your best looking dog to be in the show. We can raise ACC enrollment; who else can do that?

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;3124151 said:

I think that is how they are legitimizing the no calls. We haven't been called for it much either. They take a let em play mentality. Only difference is every week the opposing team is breaking down film of us getting held and no flags coming out. There's no way you can tell me coaches aren't noticing that **** in game prep meetings.

That's just it. Our D-line is a huge strength, so holding them is more detrimental to us than us holding players on opposing lines that are average at best.

Is anyone going to be at College Gameday in Charlotte? If so, make as many signs as possible! Also, count me in on the donation to fly the banner!

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;3124151 said:

That's just it. Our D-line is a huge strength, so holding them is more detrimental to us than us holding players on opposing lines that are average at best.
Fu@k- this right here!!!!!! They are killing our biggest advantage and you can see the kids are absolutely GASSED because they have to work so hard to get in the backfield. It’s complete bullsh1t...

ACC will want Clemson to win so don't get your hopes up

So the ACC Commissioner’s office is going to collude with ACC officials to ignore Clemson penalties to help them win? Pure unsupported nonsense.

Have you not seen the holds every team is getting away with against our D line? It's comical.

I have, and it's maddening. Kirby Smart put in a complaint to the SEC commissioner's office, because of Auburn's blatant holding of its receivers. Auburn continued to do it against Alabama, and it was not called. It doesn't meant the officials are anti-Alabama or anti-UGA. It just means they missed the calls.

It's a similar situation with UM. You can't actually believe there is an agreement between the ACC commissioner's office and ACC officials to ***** over UM.

If anything, the ACC commissioner's office would have encouraged the referees to throw the Pitt game in UM's favor. The ACC wanted nothing more that for us to beat Pitt because it would have made the ACC championship game even more compelling. ****, there was a chance that both UM and Clemson could have made the playoff had we beaten Pitt last week. Specifically, had we lost a close game to Clemson, there would have been a very strong argument that we should get in also.

The idea (which virtually every fan base complains about without evidence) that a conference commissioner's office is in collusion with its referees to ignore penalties to help or hurt certain teams is ridiculous.

Last edited:
If the ACC commish was gonna collude with anyone, why would he not collude with the officials in Miami's favor against Pitt. Then collude with them in Clemson's favor against Miami. Better chance of getting two teams in the playoffs.

You beat me to it.

Advertisement
The idea (which virtually every fan base complains about without evidence) that a conference commissioner's office is in collusion with its referees to ignore penalties to help or hurt certain teams is ridiculous.

That idea IS ridiculous. But what is not ridiculous is that referees are humans. They are football fans, and they have biases. And most people who aren't Miami fans HATE Miami - there's not much in the middle. No matter how impartial a referee thinks he is or tries to be, if he's like most regular Joes he doesn't like the Canes and that bias is gonna come out in his officiating. It doesn't shock me to see referee bias setting in against Alabama because nobody likes Goliath.

Advertisement
Back