From Bama's insider

Advertisement
Y’all saw what happened last night with UNC when you lose nearly all your offensive production… they’re ripe for the taking now bc they won’t hit full stride until the end of the season

my head says we have a puncher’s chance. They lose huge production at WR, QB, some OL and coaches including an OC. That’s not easily replaced especially game 1. Freshman qb can be the second coming but every freshman will go through some struggles. On defense, they’ll be good but they lost talent, still. Yeah, I know they replace them with studs but on the other side of the ball, we have an interior OL that is night and day better and much more physical than last year. King/lash year 2 plus a huge upgrade at WR will allow us to sneak up on bama imo, since there is virtually no film on our guys from last year.

If our interior OL can be physical and somewhat control the LoS and our DTs can ball out, I think we have a great shot.

OTOH, this is a manny led team and he does not inspire confidence.

Something tells me they’re not sold on the O-line… but do we have the guys who can make them pay? (Specifically on the edge)

Probably has to do with the fact that they have a **** load of talent lined up across from them when they face their defense. So you adjust if need be when you start playing other teams.

Advertisement
“The truth” LOL. Whatever

Here’s what matters - they literally lost all of their offensive production. So anything they are talking about on that side of the ball is 100% speculation.

Their defense will be stout, no question - but the offense is TBD.

We need to exploit their inexperience. Manny and his creative pressures will be a factor in the game.

I’m still a little puzzled where Vegas is seeing such a disparity here.

Sure, I’m biased - but as long as we don’t seem intimidated and overwhelmed by the moment - I think this game is close.

“The truth” LOL. Whatever

Here’s what matters - they literally lost all of their offensive production. So anything they are talking about on that side of the ball is 100% speculation.

Their defense will be stout, no question - but the offense is TBD.

We need to exploit their inexperience. Manny and his creative pressures will be a factor in the game.

I’m still a little puzzled where Vegas is seeing such a disparity here.

Sure, I’m biased - but as long as we don’t seem intimidated and overwhelmed by the moment - I think this game is close.
They still got metchie, dude had 900+ yards receiving, 6 tds and made impact plays in dam near all their big games, like explosive go deep on everyone type ****.. That would have led our team and many other teams in nation, and that was him as what maybe 3rd/4th option.. Not all their production is gone.. they will have dudes to replace, main thing is hoping qb starts slow and can be rattled early, that will tie maybe one hand behind for a certain time span to allow us to maybe create turnovers and get a cheap score..

They still got metchie, dude had 900+ yards receiving, 6 tds and made impact plays in dam near all their big games, like explosive go deep on everyone type ****.. That would have led our team and many other teams in nation, and that was him as what maybe 3rd/4th option.. Not all their production is gone.. they will have dudes to replace, main thing is hoping qb starts slow and can be rattled early, that will tie maybe one hand behind for a certain time span to allow us to maybe create turnovers and get a cheap score..
This is true - but will the QB be able to get him the ball? We haven’t seen it yet…

This is true - but will the QB be able to get him the ball? We haven’t seen it yet…
Thats what Im banking on, their oline is still in flux and they have worries but we are starting McCloud at DE so I doubt we get pressure with four this season, we will have to pressure more because the drop off from back to back to back to back years of Major nine, joe jackson, Rousseau, Phillips type talent to ******* McCloud, I am saddened, disappointed, even a lil disgusted how we let the drop off get THAT BIG, wtfffffffff man..

put pressure on qb, never let him get comfortable, hope he gives us the ball a couple times and stop the run by any means..

Advertisement
At least that bama insider was respectful to us in his sentiment.. regardless. We are ready too. Category 5 hurricane in this *****!!!

Let’s go!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like he didn't care about us. He didn't even mention the opponent and why should they, at this time in history, their dung don't stink. We have to make the smell it.

Is hellams good? Or first year starter
He's good. Big and physical. Took over starting end of last year. Branch is smaller and better in coverage. I would've hoped wright started. But he's fallen out. He takes alot of gambles and can be burnt

I like seeing their ol in flux. Owens at rt is a spot we should be able to get pressure on pass plays. I think he's played there before. I can't imagine he's played there much in practice. The ol chemistry might not be there with all the shuffling around.

Advertisement

He can make every throw, real talented young man. If we can't stay with their receivers, he'll have a field day. Gotta cover short stuff or we won't get there in time. That's my worry on their passing game as there's game after game of us getting abused in the short yardage game by far worse QB's than theirs.

Something tells me they’re not sold on the O-line… but do we have the guys who can make them pay? (Specifically on the edge)
They still have a lot of talent on that OL, starting with Evan Neal, a behemoth we recruited hard a couple of years ago (and whose mom was pushing for Miami IIRC). It's not going to be easy. We are going to have to load the box, blitz frequently, and put the onus on our DBs and strikers to make this a game for us.

Advertisement
That’s too much info for him to know. He doesn’t know jack squat.

We roll. Blow out. It’s not even close

Miami 41
Alabama 7.

Lots of juicy insider bits there. This guy better be careful how much info he’s leaking.
Nah we don't want him to be careful 👀! Sometimes it's the little things that can give a team a slight edge.

my head says we have a puncher’s chance. They lose huge production at WR, QB, some OL and coaches including an OC. That’s not easily replaced especially game 1. Freshman qb can be the second coming but every freshman will go through some struggles. On defense, they’ll be good but they lost talent, still. Yeah, I know they replace them with studs but on the other side of the ball, we have an interior OL that is night and day better and much more physical than last year. King/lash year 2 plus a huge upgrade at WR will allow us to sneak up on bama imo, since there is virtually no film on our guys from last year.

If our interior OL can be physical and somewhat control the LoS and our DTs can ball out, I think we have a great shot.

OTOH, this is a manny led team and he does not inspire confidence.
Agree 100%. Manny’s defense has to create turnovers, preferably 1 or 2 early. And in turn the offense has to convert them into TDs, can’t settle for 3 points or none at all.

Last year vs. Clemson we had a few opportunities and couldn’t capitalize off their mistakes. The O-line did not hold up. It needs to today.

They’re going to be slow out of the gate, we have to jump on them early.

Can you imagine not coming prepared to defend anything but a heavy run game?

Saban has had more experienced and proven QBs, and still been run dominant in the past. Now he has a young QB making his first start against a solid defense. You really think he was gonna come out firing? I’d be stacking the box aaking the corners to step up and hold the line and make the kid make throws and read the D. Any other game plan is a cause for concern from a thought process standpoint.

Advertisement
Back