From A&M's perspective...

Advertisement
The 5 Miami players standing around thr blocked punt. Smfh. They were about to end up looking foolish. James Williams bailed them out.
Those guys could have actually forced a fumble when that ATM kid touched the ball but instead acted like the play was dead.

I watched the whole thing. Pretty impressive production. Owens and Stewart are gonna be a problem for the SEC. You can tell those 2 were 5* guys. They pop.

Something is missing from that team. Jimbo said it at halftime..”Not enough juice in this room”. The team as a whole just seem to be going through the motions. Not good when you got 82 “TVD types” in your locker room. I saw zero energy even in the practice footage. Maybe they arent fully bought in yet.
Watching them, it seems like most of their stars are biding their time until they can declare for the draft.

Jimbo had generational talent at FSU. Jameis+Cook. And in fairness, he assembled a pretty talented offense and defense on top of that. Those guys were so talented he was on auto pilot. But as we saw at FSU, it spiraled out of control once the talent dropped. I'm not sure he can be the guy his contract says he can be without talent to coach themselves. What's funny is, you'd think the video guys would get the "best of" his speech . . . and those parts are lol boring and uninspiring. It looks like he's talking into space.

I watched the whole thing. Pretty impressive production. Owens and Stewart are gonna be a problem for the SEC. You can tell those 2 were 5* guys. They pop.

Something is missing from that team. Jimbo said it at halftime..”Not enough juice in this room”. The team as a whole just seem to be going through the motions. Not good when you got 82 “TVD types” in your locker room. I saw zero energy even in the practice footage. Maybe they arent fully bought in yet.
Probably didn’t help that they surrendered a late TD to us before the half to relinquish the lead when they got spotted 14 points due to bad STs…

That was a big momentum play

Advertisement
Wish we had something like this, bring back 5 penny productions or whatever it was called.

In other news, Texas A&M should really read the room. The beginning was a bit cringe, talking about the defense and how good they are after the game they had. I realize they taped it prior to the game, but maybe change focus to something else after the game lol

I just don't understand what makes ATM an attractive destination for so many high end recruits. There's nothing particularly special about ATM as a school. College Station is a cookie cutter college town. In terms of history and tradition in football, ATM has always been 2nd tier at best. So they had the wrecking crew defense in the 80s and 90s and a narcissistic junkie at QB about ten or so years ago. Bear Bryant coached there before Alabama.

So what makes these highly recruited kids swoon? The facilities? The NIL opportunities? The legacy of RC Slocum? What the heck is it? Is it that they are in the SEC? I guess that's part of it but it doesn't explain everything. Not even close. Is it the bags? Yeah they drop bags but so do lots of schools. Is it the women? Doubt it. [BGCOLOR=initial]And what's with that staff? Fisher, Durkin and Petrino have to be the unholy Trinity of potential HR disasters. I just don't get what it is that blows these kids away during their visits. I guess I'll never know. [/BGCOLOR]
💰

Yeah all schools drop bags, but Texas A&M is oil money. There is a big difference between $200k and $800k.

[BGCOLOR=initial] I just don't get what it is that blows these kids away during their visits. I guess I'll never know. [/BGCOLOR]

It's not what blows the kids away, it's who. I think we know. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.
sexy temptation island GIF by Videoland

Advertisement
Jimbo talking about “no juice” when he doesn’t have it himself. What does he contribute, ego and excuses.

Their team is full of mercenaries, they have a mercenary culture, the coach is a mercenary himself, and the team is a reflection of him.

Last edited:
Lol. Jimbo had nothing to say, so he spews everything in an uninspiring stream of consciousness.

Also the end of game speech trying to keep these mercenaries from falling apart.

I just don't understand what makes ATM an attractive destination for so many high end recruits. There's nothing particularly special about ATM as a school. College Station is a cookie cutter college town. In terms of history and tradition in football, ATM has always been 2nd tier at best. So they had the wrecking crew defense in the 80s and 90s and a narcissistic junkie at QB about ten or so years ago. Bear Bryant coached there before Alabama.

So what makes these highly recruited kids swoon? The facilities? The NIL opportunities? The legacy of RC Slocum? What the heck is it? Is it that they are in the SEC? I guess that's part of it but it doesn't explain everything. Not even close. Is it the bags? Yeah they drop bags but so do lots of schools. Is it the women? Doubt it. [BGCOLOR=initial]And what's with that staff? Fisher, Durkin and Petrino have to be the unholy Trinity of potential HR disasters. I just don't get what it is that blows these kids away during their visits. I guess I'll never know. [/BGCOLOR]
$$$$$$$$

Advertisement

rich-cash (1).gif

I just skipped to see what the halftime stuff was.

1. Awesome to hear from their own DC that the motion was hurting them

2. That locker room does not appear to give a sht about Jimbo lol

Advertisement
They been doing it for awhile, got an emmy for their work.. From what it sounds like even if some started doing something great like that Joe Zagaki would **** it up..
We'll let Susan do half the commentary, for a full and complete burn down of the project.

Advertisement
Back