Fri, Dec 29 North Florida vs Miami

View attachment 275934

Interesting take here by Mike Decourcy...seems like some people are really down on Miami...guess we'll know more about who this team is next game against Clemson
Who gives a **** what these hacks think? The Miami basketball program is CONSISTENTLY disrespected by the national media, even when things are going well. Keep in mind, Miami was first four out late last year, when it was beyond obvious to anyone with two working eyes that the team was a shoo in to make the Dance. We are consistently underseeded by these so called experts, it's almost a farce at this point. Miami has avoided the terrible loss so far in OOC play, and even though the two losses were brutal, there's more than enough time for this team to overcome those losses in conference play.

Advertisement
Why does Miami play some non-conference cupcakes like literally every other P5 team? I guess it kinda answers itself.
Our non conference SoS is 250+. That’s horrendous. We’ve played a lot more cupcakes than most, especially after the recent success we had.

Anyone know the status of Wooga's injury? I assume Pack will be back for conference play
1703904714796.png

Our non conference SoS is 250+. That’s horrendous. We’ve played a lot more cupcakes than most, especially after the recent success we had.

Yeah, definitely could come back to bite us come NCAAT selection time. We have a really weak resume and with the ACC having the perception of being down again, I think it will be an uphill grind for us to get in.

Advertisement
I think because of the blowout losses and the ACC “being down” our ceiling is just like last year. Even if we win the conference we’re a 5 seed. Really needed to beat one of Colorado or UK.

Avoiding the bad OCC loss was good but you just can’t get blown out like we did.

I think because of the blowout losses and the ACC “being down” our ceiling is just like last year. Even if we win the conference we’re a 5 seed. Really needed to beat one of Colorado or UK.

Avoiding the bad OCC loss was good but you just can’t get blown out like we did.

Its going to take 12 regular season wins in the ACC regular season to have a shot at the NCAA Tourney. That's a 22-10 record. There is going to have to be at least three quality ACC wins in there. Then we have to win at least one, maybe two ACC tourney games as well.

And all of that will get us no more than a 9 seed.

Who gives a **** what these hacks think? The Miami basketball program is CONSISTENTLY disrespected by the national media, even when things are going well. Keep in mind, Miami was first four out late last year, when it was beyond obvious to anyone with two working eyes that the team was a shoo in to make the Dance. We are consistently underseeded by these so called experts, it's almost a farce at this point. Miami has avoided the terrible loss so far in OOC play, and even though the two losses were brutal, there's more than enough time for this team to overcome those losses in conference play.
Miami was not first four out at any point last year lol that's complete BS

We were considered a lock weeks before Selection Sunday

Advertisement
Anyone know the status of Wooga's injury? I assume Pack will be back for conference play
I don't know, but I saw it live. It looked like an ankle. He actually limped off the court and into the locker room completely on his own. Made a one-legged beeline.

Yeah.

Actually I do think Miami was considered a bubble/NIT team by the “experts” early in the season. Remember we got blown out by Maryland and squeaked by Cornell and UCF. Our only decent noncon win was Rutgers. Our home win over UVA bought us some cred but it wasn’t till we beat Duke and UNC in early February that we became a lock for the tourney.

Advertisement
Slow, tentative. Lacked authority around the rim on offense. Looked confused on defense. More than once it looked like he wasn’t hustling.
I’m not a fan of his body language of late. He does not look engaged. It appears he’s in the doghouse as he didn’t get in until the final 8 or so minutes of this blowout.

Casey and Watson have shown positive signs against the cupcakes. Nwoko has not.

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of his body language of late. He does not look engaged. It appears he’s in the doghouse as he didn’t get in until the final 8 or so minutes of this blowout.

Casey and Watson have shown positive signs against the cupcakes. Nwoko has not.
I just about typed the same thing just now on the Nwoko thread. Kid just seems out of it. Don't want to say he's tapped out, but that's exactly what it's starting to look like. Hope he can get out of it. We're going to need his size in conference play.

I just about typed the same thing just now on the Nwoko thread. Kid just seems out of it. Don't want to say he's tapped out, but that's exactly what it's starting to look like. Hope he can get out of it. We're going to need his size in conference play.
He seemed like a high character guy coming out of high school. Not sure what’s going on.

I can easily go back and point out that guys like DeCourcy still were trying to downplay us even after it was obvious we should be in. The underseeding thing is evergreen when it comes to this program.

Its going to take 12 regular season wins in the ACC regular season to have a shot at the NCAA Tourney. That's a 22-10 record. There is going to have to be at least three quality ACC wins in there. Then we have to win at least one, maybe two ACC tourney games as well.

And all of that will get us no more than a 9 seed.
The ACC is “Down” because it isn’t UNC and Duke dominating. That’s the problem with these experts. They forget that us non blue bloods play ball too.

Advertisement
Back