Freeman and Allen

edge

Junior
Two guys that Shannon did not want. Now starting for a team going to the Super Bowl. I still shake my head all these years later on those two decisions.

Advertisement
Two guys that Shannon did not want. Now starting for a team going to the Super Bowl. I still shake my head all these years later on those two decisions.

I remember many of us liking Allen's tape, but to be honest, his measurables were not good.....that's how he ended up at Purdue. It's also why he's a safety now.

I think I'm the only one (or at least one of the few) that thinks Devonta Freeman is a better RB than Cook.

I remember many of us liking Allen's tape, but to be honest, his measurables were not good.....that's how he ended up at Purdue. It's also why he's a safety now.

Shannon refused to recruit CB's under 6 feet tall. Allen had all the measurable needed Jayron Hoseley who begged for an offer. Nope he was to short. I really really hope Shannon still uses this same philosophy up in Florida. We will take all the under 6 foot playmakers we can get.

Advertisement
For some reason my post above is all screwed up. Here is what I was saying:

Shannon refused to recruit CB's under 6 feet tall. Allen had all the measurable needed to play and he proved he deserved to play at Miami. No one claimed he would play in the league, but he was certainly Miami caliber at CB. Shannon gave the same treatment to Jayron Hoseley who begged for an offer. Nope he was to short. I really hope Shannon still uses this same philosophy up in Florida. We will take all the under 6 foot playmakers we can get.

Advertisement
Back