Freddie Booth Lloyd...

QuadCityCane

Redshirt Freshman
I know that we have limited spots and some big names on the list. But with Stuckey going to Auburn if we miss out on Pelon or Johnson, I really would like to get this kid. He just seems extremely underrated to me. ****, DT is a crap shoot anyways. Yes I know he is a little fat(I dont normally like to do this) but so was Russell Maryland. He seemed pretty agile and athletic for his size on that interception return. He's quick off the ball, holds the point of attack when needed, and has great leverage which probably comes from being a state champion wrestler. I just see this kid in 2 years with a college nutrition and weight program becoming something special. He could develop into a NT with his height and leverage being an advantage if he can gain strength or if not play either D-End position after getting in shape.

Advertisement
From what I have been told, he is down to 285 for wrestling and that he will make a legitimate state champ run. Very athletic, and I love football players that also wrestle. They have that mean streak and work ethic!!!

I'm telling you the more I read about him, I'm convinced in a college strength and conditioning program he is going to blow up. He has extremely long arms, squats 600 pounds, says he runs a 4.9 40. He's extremely underrated. This is his first year playing DT so hes still raw.

With a redshirt, S&C program and coaching he has legitimate D-1 talent. However, the real question is level of D-1 talent. With the loss of 9 ships due to NCAA sanctions and our current lack of quality and depth at the DT position, we can't afford a project and miss. He deserves to be in consideration for a late offer. My biggest concern would be who we lost that was more highly regarded, to have another project in the mix. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Advertisement
Not sure he's big enough...his frame seems small to me.
6'2" 300 pounds is a small frame?
Michigan State and Narduzzi offered but I guess good enough for the #1 total defense and #4 scoring defense isnt good enough for us.
There are a handful of sure fire DT recruits every year, the rest are a crap shoot. Even a highly ranked DT like Suh didnt start until he was a junior.

Michigan State and Narduzzi offered but I guess good enough for the #1 total defense and #4 scoring defense isnt good enough for us.
There are a handful of sure fire DT recruits every year, the rest are a crap shoot. Even a highly ranked DT like Suh didnt start until he was a junior.

Look at the pics of him at family day...I really doubt he's 6'2 and he just looks narrow framed. Carries weight poorly from looks....I'm sure he's a good player, JMHO about what may be causing him to not get an offer.

His physsical build is what's kept the big boys from offering him,just an awful looking bigman.The talent is there.

Advertisement
MSU run's Jimmy's 4/3 it's simple and destructive based on players reacting to the ball, not working a scheme. They are fools…. smh (sarcasm)

I had the opportunity to watch Booth-Lloyd against BTW he is aggressive but he doesn't disengage from blocks very well all he focuses on is bull rushing with no technique at all. He will have to be taught technique in college. Based on that game I don't feel he deserves an offer off of that game........ I would have to see more of him

Last edited:
From what I have been told, he is down to 285 for wrestling and that he will make a legitimate state champ run. Very athletic, and I love football players that also wrestle. They have that mean streak and work ethic!!!

Jeffrey Brown and Gabe Terry laff at work ethic.

Advertisement
Al Golden turning down a DT in our backyard, wow is he drunk. I've been on the Freddie Booth-Lloyd bandwagon since forever, giving up 500 yrds. We should recruit 10 DT's

Advertisement
Al Golden turning down a DT in our backyard, wow is he drunk. I've been on the Freddie Booth-Lloyd bandwagon since forever, giving up 500 yrds. We should recruit 10 DT's

The staff has recruited and/or offered 29 DTs this cycle.

Got anymore brain busters?

I think if we strike out on every JUCO DT we are recruiting we give this kid a call. He is a Teraz McCrary type if you ask me.

Advertisement
Back