Frank Ladson is he

Advertisement
Don’t forget Rodgers, Powell, and etienne. Those guys had most of the catches and are playing in the league right now
No doubt the guy was surrounded by talent, but you have to grab the chances you're given. Maye he couldn't get any traction there but he's talented/motivated enough to do Miami some good. If that's the case, bring him aboard. As I've said about him and others, it's not like they're taking space from another guy...we've got room. But it doesn't look good that he had that kind of production in his limited opportunities.

No doubt the guy was surrounded by talent, but you have to grab the chances you're given. Maye he couldn't get any traction there but he's talented/motivated enough to do Miami some good. If that's the case, bring him aboard. As I've said about him and others, it's not like they're taking space from another guy...we've got room. But it doesn't look good that he had that kind of production in his limited opportunities.
oklahoma fans weren't too upset about losing rambo, and some posters weren't too pumped for him to be here either

look at how that turned out, and Ladson's ceiling is higher than Rambo imo.

Not saying he'll be as good as Rambo is but I think his talent level is higher

This may keep Tyrique for another year since Ladson is coming. They are teammates from South Dade. Hopefully they are a package deal

Wow, I remember how much we wanted both of them and what a kick in the nuts it was to lose them.

The optics of both these south Miami legends potentially ending up at UM in the end is not lost on me. Hopefully other top kids see it as yet another cautionary tale.

Wow, I remember how much we wanted both of them and what a kick in the nuts it was to lose them.

The optics of both these south Miami legends potentially ending up at UM in the end is not lost on me. Hopefully other top kids see it as yet another cautionary tale.
I see it like this too

if they both come back, Tyrique and Ladson ball out next year that helps out recruiting a bunch I would believe...not to mention the on-field results

Advertisement
You guys need to chill with your comments. He was supposed to be their No. 2 behind Ross. He got hurt and Covid so it destroyed his season. Clemson expected big things.
I will never understand some of our fans.

This kid has incredible upside, and has flashed. As you stated, he’s been injured (plus the Covid).

He also had a terrible QB this season early on when he played. The dude is big, fast, can run routes, and will be playing with a savage in TVD, plus all of our other weapons. Dude is a matchup nightmare when healthy.

He’s a take all day, and twice on Sunday.

Sometimes these guys just need a change of scenery. Need I remind you what Rambo did before he got here?

Rambo.png

Advertisement
Sometimes these guys just need a change of scenery. Need I remind you what Rambo did before he got here?

View attachment 168755
Are the two actually comparable?

Rambo clearly had productivity while at Oklahoma, 68rec 1,055yds & 8TD’s in the two seasons he got a chance to be in the 2-deep at Okla, so his issues wasn’t a lack of ability, simply being a guy that wasn’t necessarily a full time starter.

Has Ladson in 3 years at Clemson had a modicum of that kind of productivity & is his only issue a lack of reps?

Also, is the presumption he walks in & starts right away?

Gonna be a terrific pick up. Kid has burst, moves, and sometimes all it takes is a fresh resetting.

Tall, fast receivers that can run good routes don’t grow on trees. Also, the kid doesn’t have “horrible” hands, like some posters have accused him of. There was another receiver that transferred to us this past season from OU that was getting sharted on too by a lot on this board, and he set school records, and was a baller…his name is Rambo.

I think he comes in hungry, and if healthy, watch out.

Advertisement
His HS shows him making contested catch after contested catch, just very rarely getting behind the defense. Not sure what his issue was outside of injuries at Clemson

Advertisement
I don't people fully understand that without major problems w/some of these top former recruits, the portal is our response to some of the fool's gold sold to a number of our kids down here to get them to go astray.

Once they get here from the portal they're pretty much locked in or otherwise will have to sit for a year if they leave again.

With the "I miss home" effect some of these young kids experience, we by default have the best portal advantage in the entire country.

I don't people fully understand that without major problems w/some of these top former recruits, the portal is our response to some of the fool's gold sold to a number of our kids down here to get them to go astray.

Once they get here from the portal they're pretty much locked in or otherwise will have to sit for a year if they leave again.

With the "I miss home" effect some of these young kids experience, we by default have the best portal advantage in the entire country.
While I agree we shouldn’t be a fall back program I’m with taking him since he didn’t sign there with Mario here

Advertisement
Back