Frank Haith to Tulsa

Advertisement
Seems like a step down. Thankfully Missouri took him off our hands and we were able to get an elite coach in his place.

Advertisement
Great day for Missouri. Honestly, I am so grateful that he's gone. BEST deal ever Haith for Coach L. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane. Tough days ahead for Tulsa :(

he was going to get **** canned next year anyway and his buyout is only $500k. The fraud continues

Seems like a step down.

It's a huge step down. Going from the SEC to C-USA. No idea why he'd do that voluntarily.

Not the C-USA - they'll be in the AAC with UConn, SMU, Cincy, Memphis, etc. It's not a huge step down in terms of conference, but it obviously is in terms of school prestige. The answer is that he was going to get run out of town at Missouri next year.

Advertisement
Odd decision. He must have known his time at Mizzou was running out. Still can't thank Mizzou enough for taking him off our hands. I bet Missouri fans aren't sad to see him go steal paychecks somewhere else.

Couldn't have dreamt this. Just so amazing. Him going to Tulsa is about the same as Mizzou hiring him in the first place. I'm from Kansas City, MO and bleed orange and green football and black and gold basketball. He was a horrendous coach but solid recruiter. So glad he is gone!

Advertisement
I loathe Haith but this was a really smart move by him. Dont see why most of you dont get it

He had 1 year left at Mizzu at most. He just made himself a lot more money and bought more time

Still making millions off Jack McClinton. Without Jack he's fired after 4 years at UM, and is back to being an assistant.

Advertisement
He would STILL be here if not for Mizzou.

He brought that program down. Took over a deep, top 5 program, lost in the first round as a 2 seed, was upset in the first round his second year, and his thrid year was absolute garbage.

He would have been fired before the end of year 4.

LOL! Tulsa is a stepping stone program, and he is going the wrong way.

They will fire him after 2 seasons.

This cat is starting to look like a job-hopper...

As a head coach, he has coached in the ACC (Miami), the Big 12 (Missouri), the SEC (Missouri) and now is going to a C-USA team that will soon be in the AAC (Tulsa)... I think Frank might be at the right level now, coaching-wise at least.

Advertisement
Back