Boxing Frank Gore Brutally KOs opponent in his Pro Debut

Advertisement
I love Gore, but he got his *** whooped by deron williams. He isn't a fighter, he just happened to get stacked up against a total tomato can bum.
Williams was 6'4 with like a 80 inch reach going against a 5'9 Frank Gore with a 68 inch reach, that fight was a total mis match. Gore also got some big hits in against Williams, it wasn't Totally one sided

Advertisement
Williams was 6'4 with like a 80 inch reach going against a 5'9 Frank Gore with a 68 inch reach, that fight was a total mis match. Gore also got some big hits in against Williams, it wasn't Totally one sided
They were basically the same weight, which is a lot more important than height. Which is why you have weight classes not height classes. Derron is also a hooper, not exactly a sport known for being tough. And the fight was a total mismatch still. If you are getting your *** kicked by a basketball player. Fighting is not your sport.

They were basically the same weight, which is a lot more important than height. Which is why you have weight classes not height classes. Derron is also a hooper, not exactly a sport known for being tough. And the fight was a total mismatch still. If you are getting your *** kicked by a basketball player. Fighting is not your sport.
Frank Gore is barely 5'9 he shouldn't of been fighting at 210LBs, if he was a real pro boxer he would probably be fighting in the 155-162 Range with the size of his body. Height and reach can be extremely important in boxing. Williams had a hole foot advantage in his reach. Go box someone that's 6 inches taller then you with a foot longer reach that can actually box and see if they have an advantage lol

Frank Gore is barely 5'9 he shouldn't of been fighting at 210LBs, if he was a real pro boxer he would probably be fighting in the 155-162 Range with the size of his body. Height and reach can be extremely important in boxing. Williams had a hole foot advantage in his reach. Go box someone that's 6 inches taller then you with a foot longer reach that can actually box and see if they have an advantage lol
I boxed for over 20 years . I understand how height works. If Gore was able to get to the inside, then derron would have been fvcked. Gore just doesn't know how to fight and tried to fight on the outside with the taller man. Gore should have cut down to Middleweight then, but he didn't. When neither person is trained, height is far less important. Not to mention there are plenty of short HWs, that put in work on much taller guys. Like Tyson, Marciano, etc.

I boxed for over 20 years . I understand how height works. If Gore was able to get to the inside, then derron would have been fvcked. Gore just doesn't know how to fight and tried to fight on the outside with the taller man. Gore should have cut down to Middleweight then, but he didn't. When neither person is trained, height is far less important. Not to mention there are plenty of short HWs, that put in work on much taller guys. Like Tyson, Marciano, etc.
He's a 39 year old man with short T-Rex arms lol, he's not a trained boxer with years of experience. He picked up boxing at like age 38 because he was bored with nothing to do after his NFL career was over. Derron Williams actually owns a MMA/Boxing gym and has trained since 2016, you could tell he could actually box

Advertisement
He's a 39 year old man with short T-Rex arms lol, he's not a trained boxer with years of experience. He picked up boxing at like age 38 because he was bored with nothing to do after his NFL career was over. Derron Williams actually owns a MMA/Boxing gym and has trained since 2016, you could tell he could actually box

Ya and thats cool. I am not making fun of him because he sucks at boxing. not everyone can fight, but I just was pointing out that dude can't fight.The fact that he has T rex arms and is 39 may be part of the reason he sucks, but he still sucks.

Deron is pretty bad too, he was better than Gore, but if he steps in the ring with any HW that has even a decent amateur pedigree, he is going to sleep.

Ya and thats cool. I am not making fun of him because he sucks at boxing. not everyone can fight, but I just was pointing out that dude can't fight.The fact that he has T rex arms and is 39 may be part of the reason he sucks, but he still sucks.

Deron is pretty bad too, he was better than Gore, but if he steps in the ring with any HW that has even a decent amateur pedigree, he is going to sleep.
Yeah they are old men boxing though. You can't really compare them against young up and coming amateur boxers who have been training for years.

Yeah they are old men boxing though. You can't really compare them against young up and coming amateur boxers who have been training for years.
When someone says "he looked like a good fighter and proved it here" that implies they are a good fighter in general. Not "he looked like a good fighter, for a 5'9 with T Rex arms, old, out of shape, 39 year old, with no training".

Height plays a huge role in fighting. Punching up at somebody immediately decreases and power you have in your punches and it will gas you a lot faster than punching down toward somebody. Agreed, you get inside as a smaller guy, but easier said than done especially in your first fight. Playing football vs basketball has no bearing on fighting ability as well, so that's a weak argument.

Advertisement
Height plays a huge role in fighting. Punching up at somebody immediately decreases and power you have in your punches and it will gas you a lot faster than punching down toward somebody. Agreed, you get inside as a smaller guy, but easier said than done especially in your first fight. Playing football vs basketball has no bearing on fighting ability as well, so that's a weak argument.
Thats why you go for the body. and throw a lot of hooks and uppercuts. Shorter fighters beat other fighters all the time. Especially with fighters with not much experience.

Its also easier said than done, to dance away and keep a fighter away with your jab. Everything is "easier said than done", but that is how you have to box.

It does have bearing because the training you do in football, will help you crossover to boxing way more than basketball. He is a great football player, but he is not cut out for fighting.

It does have bearing because the training you do in football, will help you crossover to boxing way more than basketball.

I think the conditioning of both sports crosses over into boxing, somewhat. Football, for the bursts of energy that you have to have for boxing, and basketball, for the endurance that you have to have for boxing. But absolutely nothing in both sports mimics an experienced fighter throwing rapid fire combinations at yo' a$$. I remember my homeboy that boxed had me do some heavy bag work for 3 minutes to prove that boxing ain't no joke, and He was right...that was the first and last 3 minutes I'll ever spend on a heavy bag, and I was in great shape, I was sore for what seemed like weeks LOL.

Advertisement
I think the conditioning of both sports crosses over into boxing, somewhat. Football, for the bursts of energy that you have to have for boxing, and basketball, for the endurance that you have to have for boxing. But absolutely nothing in both sports mimics an experienced fighter throwing rapid fire combinations at yo' a$$. I remember my homeboy that boxed had me do some heavy bag work for 3 minutes to prove that boxing ain't no joke, and He was right...that was the first and last 3 minutes I'll ever spend on a heavy bag, and I was in great shape, I was sore for what seemed like weeks LOL.
Yup that is a fact. We used to have guys come into my gym from all sports. Football, basketball, track guys, even marathon runners. All of them would be gassed after a couple rounds. Nothing gets you in boxing shape besides boxing.

I was more talking about though, being able to take a hit and being able to push someone around and stuff. Like you would think the football player would be "tougher" and be able to take a punch better, than a basketball player.

Why so critical of him? I am just appreciating that he ain't stopping. To me, that is the beauty of this.

If you are talking about that 10,000 hour rule to become a master, Frank maybe notching a few hundred to low thousands.

Basketball players vs football players = I would say a basketball player putting on the gloves to fight Frank Gore ain't one of the softies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back