Francois decommitted

Advertisement
Francois is having a disappointing, unmotivated season after a historic junior year and phenomenal camp circuit. What I've heard (and this is just a rumor) is that he wanted to transfer to Booker T but something happened and he is going through the motions at South Dade. I know he was recently kicked out of a game for unsportsmanlike penalties.

Francois was led to believe UF and OSU would be throwing bags but his senior season gave those schools pause. Banda has stayed on him because he knows he is capable of being an elite player.
👀🤔

Bingo.

What about Manny's new edict/policy?
Didn’t he come out and say after the 2nd decommit that he did it because of Manny’s new policy? So that he could go and take visits. Maybe there is an understanding between him and the staff. Who knows.

And people actually think shunning elite south Florida talent is the solution Just because they hurt their feeling once or twice in the recruiting process. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, if he doesn’t sign with Miami in dec then don’t recruit him after but until then we need to try to land him and bring as much talent in this class as we can. he has better ball skills than any db we have had in recent years and we need that

He’s not elite tho...

Advertisement
He’s not elite tho...
I’m just saying in general not necessarily pertaining to only Francois. With that being said Francois certainly looked elite after his junior season and apparently didn’t build on that his senior year. The hope is that his excellent ball skills translate to the next level because we lack some of what he brings. We will see

Last edited:
When asked about Francois who is his cousin

"I can’t disclose any concealed information," Chaney said with a smile when asked if he thinks the Hurricanes are in good spot.

Per Ivins from itu
And people actually think shunning elite south Florida talent is the solution Just because they hurt their feeling once or twice in the recruiting process. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, if he doesn’t sign with Miami in dec then don’t recruit him after but until then we need to try to land him and bring as much talent in this class as we can. he has better ball skills than any db we have had in recent years and we need that

I think most have just seen this movie too many times. This kid doesn’t want to end up at Miami. It doesn’t matter what gets written or read through the lines of other recruits. His actions show how he feels about Miami.

So he won’t end up at Miami.

Advertisement
So

you’ve seen Forrest Gump before, yes? Did Jenny love Forrest ? As a friend yes. But Forrest wanted a Jenny to be his girl the entire movie and she didn’t come back until she had no choice. The hippie left her. She had a terminal illness and was a single mother. She came back to Forrest when there was nothing left.

see my analogy ? Francois is treating us like his Forrest Gump.
Jenny was disgusting.

Jenny was disgusting.
8AC509D5-8E4B-45D7-9154-EB1676FDA162.gif

It's a cultural shift. It starts and ends with social media, although there are other factors.

When did this start? Late 2000s/early 2010s.
Good call. Not a huge social media guy probably due to age so that makes sense.

Advertisement
There are red flags with Francois. No question. He’s gone from “must have/instant impact” to something riskier.

But there were senior season concerns about Denzel Perryman. There was some internal debate about sticking with him because he coasted as a senior. Obviously, that worked out. Sometimes you get a guy like Ermon Lane where the red flag is a warning.

Ultimately, it’s worth the risk. The guy is really good.
If you don't think a kid moping and going through the motions because he wasn't allowed to transfer isn't a red flag i'm not sure what to tell you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back