Francois decommitted

Advertisement
If this staff had any balls they would tell Francois to pound sand.

The kids head was filled by family members that he would get serious coin after that JR campaign. He stopped to smell the roses and thought he had it made. Lol. **** em. We don’t need pussies like this.

So from what I'm gathering, Francois has decommitted multiple times. Since he didn't get to transfer to the school he wants to, he's literally pouting and going through the motions (where have we heard this before). So now he doesn't have a spot at UF or Ohio State, some want to let him back here thinking he's going to be an elite prospect based off his Junior year film? Time to move on.

So from what I'm gathering, Francois has decommitted multiple times. Since he didn't get to transfer to the school he wants to, he's literally pouting and going through the motions (where have we heard this before). So now he doesn't have a spot at UF or Ohio State, some want to let him back here thinking he's going to be an elite prospect based off his Junior year film? Time to move on.

You just described our number 1 corner target.

Advertisement
I have a question for the guys who are in the weeds with HS Football, even hoops and baseball. Up here, I will use hockey as my example since it is king, kids are more concerned for the name on the back of the jersey than the front. I thought it was just in youth and high school sports. Apparently it runs rampant at the college level as well (at big time hockey programs). A segment of kids focus on whats next and not the present. My High School team was dominant, if we lost a state title we thought the world was going to end, so we basically never did. It was about our crew and then the kids after us had a standard and they busted ***. When I was in college we had kids go to the NHL and kids playing for contracts but they were team dudes, you had one or two maybe who could go into the corner with a dozen eggs and come out with 13 worried about a contract but that was rare.

It sounds like this phenomenon is happening down south, is this accurate? If so, when did this happen? I blame the parents but maybe someone else has a view that can educate me. I coach and I watch from the sidelines in another sport. Parents blowing in kids ears is a problem, let them play man. If they act like an ***, are being a ***** teammate or showing up a coach or ref lay into them, other than that, let them figure it out. Cream rises to the top. Again, just looking for a potential differing opinion to be educated since my opinion is, well, just my opinion.

Banda has a history of chasing kids even after they decommit from us. It’s ******* pathetic. I get one has to go out swinging but god **** this situation is flat out embarrassing. The kid decommitted twice and is flat out saying, I rather go to this school or that school. Have some respect for yourself.

Advertisement
I have a question for the guys who are in the weeds with HS Football, even hoops and baseball. Up here, I will use hockey as my example since it is king, kids are more concerned for the name on the back of the jersey than the front. I thought it was just in youth and high school sports. Apparently it runs rampant at the college level as well (at big time hockey programs). A segment of kids focus on whats next and not the present. My High School team was dominant, if we lost a state title we thought the world was going to end, so we basically never did. It was about our crew and then the kids after us had a standard and they busted ***. When I was in college we had kids go to the NHL and kids playing for contracts but they were team dudes, you had one or two maybe who could go into the corner with a dozen eggs and come out with 13 worried about a contract but that was rare.

It sounds like this phenomenon is happening down south, is this accurate? If so, when did this happen? I blame the parents but maybe someone else has a view that can educate me. I coach and I watch from the sidelines in another sport. Parents blowing in kids ears is a problem, let them play man. If they act like an ***, are being a ***** teammate or showing up a coach or ref lay into them, other than that, let them figure it out. Cream rises to the top. Again, just looking for a potential differing opinion to be educated since my opinion is, well, just my opinion.
I don't have a definitive answer as to the timing of the culture shift but it certainly began during my generation (I was born in '94 - since "Millennial" is a buzz word around here and to be fair I'm not sure what the parameters for said designation are) but the self-importance phenomenon has grown greatly throughout the country since that time. We tend to be hyperfocal of SoFla but this isn't an isolated problem. It's prevalent from New England to South Beach to the Rockies and I'm sure elsewhere. The concern that I have is that it's born of the present culture throughout, kids and guardians/parental figures alike. **** man there's plenty of people in their forties who have been acting this way their whole life, issue now is the kids follow suit.

Edit: Grammar

It's a cultural shift. It starts and ends with social media, although there are other factors.

When did this start? Late 2000s/early 2010s.

What happened to PSU? Wasn't Oregon also involved at some point? This kids treating us like a side b*tch and we are allowing it. the worst part is he’s not even performing at a high level. He’s been average.

Setting a bad precedent moving forward, one we apparently set out to stop. The ‘21, ‘22, ‘23 class kids are watching knowing they can get away with the same bullsh*t.

If you want kids to stop treating a UM offers as a back up plan ... stop letting kids use UM’s offer as back up plan.

I maintain my stance. 0% chance this kid is a Cane. I’ll put money on it or we can wager something else.
What have we done since this kid was born???

we have one 10 win season since he got spit out of the womb

weve been pathetic while he grew up watching the radio and golden years...

We are the side ***** because we havent proven anything in his entire lifetime to show we shouldnt he anything that plan C

we need to take him still

Advertisement
He's recruited to Miami as a Safety, but your point still applies
He was a corner prospect... until he told us he wanted to play safety. Another layer (although minor) to the already ridiculous story of this kids recruitment.

He was a corner prospect... until he told us he wanted to play safety. Another layer (although minor) to the already ridiculous story of this kids recruitment.
Lol true. I'm just fine without him. After he came back the first time I'll admit I was definitely happy, but after recommit #2 he can f*ck off. And that was before I had read this today about his average season and attitude. No questions about it now

Advertisement

This crap happens in every level of sports and even the pros. If you told me i could make 100 million pitching and never winning a world series vs making 4million in my career and win 5 rings, guess which one I'm picking.

Last edited:
Banda has a history of chasing kids even after they decommit from us. It’s ******* pathetic. I get one has to go out swinging but god **** this situation is flat out embarrassing. The kid decommitted twice and is flat out saying, I rather go to this school or that school. Have some respect for yourself.

Banda can't win on here. He gets blasted because he cant bring in high level safeties and he gets blasted if he comes across "embarrassing" for chasing high level talent at safety. Which one is it? Francois isn't committed anywhere yet. Whats the harm in staying on him?

You guys make it seem like he is parked out front of the kids house every day with a sign saying, "PLEEEEEASE COME TO UM!" like Golden and our staff was doing for Dalvin Cooks recruitment. Now THAT was embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back