Francois decommitted

Idk if this is on anyone in particular. More because we are not a good football team and have no real fan support, our games are ******* empty its a joke. Everyone really bought in this offseason including kids we would never dream of landing recently (Washington, Flowe). Looks like those guys are definitely not coming here now but there was real smoke, not just rumors.

Imagine being a 17 yr old kid & seeing other colleges, the game day atmosphere, the success, ect. Then seeing our program & how dead its been lately. Francois even mentioned our 0-2 start and he was at the CMU game when we came out flat and almost lost to a ****** team. Can you blame any kid for not wanting to come to this dumpster fire when other legit programs have genuine interest?
I can, and will, absolutely blame anyone for where they choose to play football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Smh , like bruh, he’s disrespecting your school... weak sh*t man View attachment 98376

But at the end of the day that’s someone he played with and someone who probably looks up to him.... what is he suppose to say? Y’all do realize college is a business right? We get mad at players for doing what they deem best for them but coaches do it all the time. Sucks he decommitted but he isn’t the last one and we got a long way to go.... we’ve only played 4 games lol

7-6 last year got nothing to do with it? Banda was part of the staff that went 7-6.
Losses to UF and UNC got nothing to do with it? Banda was part of the staff for these games and the DBs gave up catastrophic plays.
CMU pushing Miami around in the trenches got nothing to do with it? Not on Banda
DBs being the weakest part of the defense this year have nothing to do with it? Banda coaches the DBs
South Florida DBs being some of the most coveted in the country got nothing to do with it? Maybe Banda is in way over his head in this recruiting environment.

I don't disagree with the things you're saying, but they don't absolve Banda. They actually make him look worse.
Banda's out here trying to be everyones favorite dad and Mr. good guy. Buddy can't coach or recruit. The fact Manny gave the the most important area for recruiting to him is mind boggling.

Advertisement
I can, and will, absolutely blame anyone for where they choose to play football.

Cool. But the kids we are recruiting today didn't grow up watching Miami be great. They watched Alabama, OSU, Georgia, USC, Oregon, & a slew of other schools run college football while we've been "rebuilding" & have had empty stadium seats at games since 2006.

If you cant go off his word than howcare you going to be able to have him on your team? If you cant trust him than what's the point in recruiting someone in your back yard that calls you and recommits?

Trust, but verify.

Anyone trying to make a career off taking the word of teenagers is going to end up homeless. And this may shock you, but most teenagers lie to adults from time to time. And even when they aren't trying to actively be deceptive, the kids themselves don't often really know what they think about something BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN SERIOUS THOUGHT TO THAT THING. It's Banda's job to do due diligence so that he can ascertain whether these verbal commitments are serious or just bullsh!t. It's his job to make certain the recruit has truly and thoughtfully considered his pledge to UM and what that means. But in Banda Bear's time here, he has consistently gotten played in that regard.

Advertisement
Trust, but verify.

Anyone trying to make a career off taking the word of teenagers is going to end up homeless. And this may shock you, but most teenagers lie to adults from time to time. And even when they aren't trying to actively be deceptive, the kids themselves don't often really know what they think about something BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN SERIOUS THOUGHT TO THAT THING. It's Banda's job to do due diligence so that he can ascertain whether these verbal commitments are serious or just bullsh!t. It's his job to make certain the recruit has truly and thoughtfully considered his pledge to UM and what that means. But in Banda Bear's time here, he has consistently gotten played in that regard.

I'll play along. So he talks to the recruit, family, friends, coaches and they say all he talks about is Miami. The kids calls back and says coach I want to recommit will you take me back? Then what??? Say no? Or let the season play out and the kid takes interviews and says " I wanted to recommit but Miami wouldn't take me then fans such as yourself would say " banda sucks" " he cant recruit" " he doesn't know what he's doing" which are the exact same thing that's being said and he took the kids recommitment

Advertisement
Already leads the country by a wide margin. Temple dodged a bullet
Because somehow this is different than it's been for almost 2 decades? This isn't something new under Manny, this is a problem that has existed for a long time because we can't play the behind-the-scenes game the same way some programs are allowed to.

I'll play along. So he talks to the recruit, family, friends, coaches and they say all he talks about is Miami. The kids calls back and says coach I want to recommit will you take me back? Then what??? Say no? Or let the season play out and the kid takes interviews and says " I wanted to recommit but Miami wouldn't take me then fans such as yourself would say " banda sucks" " he cant recruit" " he doesn't know what he's doing" which are the exact same thing that's being said and he took the kids recommitment

1. You sure Banda's talking to anyone in the bolded categories other than the recruit between the first decommitment and second commitment? I'm not.
2. Did he talk to any of Francois's former teammates ON OUR TEAM? DJ Ivey is right there... on the defense that he helps coach. Sit his a$$ down and have an honest conversation.
3. In your little hypothetical, when Francois "calls back," I tell him I need to see him in person at UM and have a face-to-face conversation before I even consider taking his commitment. If the kid is really all about Miami at that point, it shouldn't be a problem. If the kid shows any hesitation, then you are getting played.
4. The reason I say Banda Bear is a chump and he keeps getting played, is because Banda Bear keeps getting played by these kids. It's obvious at this point.

Advertisement
Back