Francois decommitted

Banda losing the top Safeties in SoFla what 4 years in a row now?

2017 - Shawn Davis
2018 - Josh Jobe
2019 - Tyrique Stevenson
2020 - Jaidon Francois

Embarrassing considering we've had 3 Safeties drafted in the last 3 years (Rayshawn, Jaquan & Redwine)

To add to this, there's other misses by him too -

2017 - Daniel Wright, Cyrus ***an
2019 - Jordan Battle, Brendan Gant, Cornelius Nunn, even Mark Antony Richards

Who he's landed -

2017 - Amari Carter - really struggles in space/taking good angles, probably should move to striker or LB
2018 -
Gilbert Frierson - Cane blood, he wasn't going anywhere else
Gurvan Hall - Definitely a big time recruiting win

2019 - Keontra Smith - TBD

Thats 4 recruiting wins out of around 15 top Safety targets

Advertisement
To add to this, there's other misses by him too -

2017 - Daniel Wright, Cyrus ***an
2019 - Jordan Battle, Brendan Gant, Cornelius Nunn, even Mark Antony Richards

Who he's landed -

2017 - Amari Carter - really struggles in space/taking good angles, probably should move to striker or LB
2018 -
Gilbert Frierson - Cane blood, he wasn't going anywhere else
Gurvan Hall - Definitely a big time recruiting win

2019 - Keontra Smith - TBD

Thats 4 recruiting wins out of around 15 top Safety targets
And missed on avantae Williams, tennisson this year too

Advertisement

Banda going to Banda... always drama with his targets/commits smh. This mf can not recruit. This is disappointing to me because i was really high on Francois... sigh

Banda decommitment tracker 2020 so far
Top 100 avantae Williams
top 250 ladarius tennisson
Top 250 Jaiden francois

While this news sucks, it’s better to have it now then a flip in December or on NSD. Hopefully Diaz new commitment rules shined a light on this BS commitment in the first place and this proactive approach will be benefit us in the end instead of being left with a bag of **** on NSD where they do the old bait and switch.

Advertisement
I just Want this program to stop being average, is it too much to ask? I mean ****..

dude, you realzie miami will never be what it was in the current landscape. stop expecting that to happen. we dont have the big time resources (if you know what i mean) to compete with the bamas, clemsons, UGAs for the elite of the elite no matter where they are (francois isnt the elite of the elite but talking about the other misses)

Advertisement
dude, you realzie miami will never be what it was in the current landscape. stop expecting that to happen. we dont have the big time resources (if you know what i mean) to compete with the bamas, clemsons, UGAs for the elite of the elite no matter where they are (francois isnt the elite of the elite but talking about the other misses)
We don’t even play those teams often, I’m not even talking about only recruiting, just winning in games in general/recruiting/fan attendance, all of it

Advertisement
Top 5? No, top 15 absolutely. This is miami, there’s no way Miami should he having classes lower than that if you are taking a full class

We’ve won jack **** for years. Why do we expect top 15 right out of the gate?

Dabo’s first class with Clemson was #19. Why? Because they hadn’t been good for a decade.

Advertisement
Back