Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
This kid was down to us and Tennessee..

Tennessee just proved "they're back" by beating Bama... In that atmosphere too.. wow....

Do we have anything to worry about here?
This is a completely reasonable post you whiney slurpers. Yet again proving that mindless slurpers are the worst people on this board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Its a legit concern so I cant blame a poster for getting a little nervous here. That said, if he was gonna decommit and start looking around (esp at Tenn) then I think he would have done it already. We havent looked impressive at all this year so hes had plenty of chances to back out. Its not like there is one more ball to drop that would put him over the top. We lost to MTSU. That was the ball. Lol. And he still stayed loyal. I think we are good here. Get us another OC in the offseason and we are back in business.

So asking a legitimate question implies that I'm rooting for Mario to fail? You even think about reading any of my other posts to see if your shallow assumption aligns with my post history?

Dumb people like you are why we can't have decent discussions on this board.

I'll spell it out for you so you realize there's an alternative angle to my question rather than just "sounds like you want Mario to fail".

Tennessee is a surprise top 5 team and playoff contender. They will likely give UGA their toughest game of the year. There's no doubt, along with their NIL and Nico, that they are a more attractive program today than they were 3 months ago when Mauigoa committed to us.

We are also likely a less attractive program than we were 3 months ago.

Supposedly Mauigoa was very seriously considering committing to Tennessee instead of us back in July.

Just asking if anybody knows if Mauigoa is having second thoughts.

Is that an ok question to ask? Do you approve? Or does that means my fan hood gets called into question now?

If it's not ok, maybe you can help me understand how to ask this question appropriately on a Miami hurricanes recruiting forum?

Thanks for your help.
What you say about Tennessee is true, although I fully expect them to end up a 2-3 loss team after bowls.

But what makes us "less attractive" than 3 months ago? Injuries? Losing to MTSU? We have several young players who will be more ready next year, and a very good committed class. We are also investing record money.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I view it more like post-traumatic stress disorder.........................
Meh. I give posters a pass on this one. Tennessee was his #2 choice. They are the hottest team in the country. They look unbelievable on offense. They got Nico coming in next season. They offered him a sizable NIL deal. Im not saying im worried, but I dont blame posters if they are.

So your fiancé used to date this guy back in college who was a pretty average dude, with middle of the road prospects. But recently, he started a business and it seems to be taking off. Like, big-time taking off. Meanwhile, your new business has been a bit of a struggle. Your fiancé is still going on planning the wedding and hasn't once mentioned the other guy. In fact, she's given you no cause for concern and keeps saying and doing all the right things.

Are you the kind of man who confidently goes on about his business, or are you the kind of man who stays up all night wondering whether she's leaving you?

Advertisement
So your fiancé used to date this guy back in college who was a pretty average dude, with middle of the road prospects. But recently, he started a business and it seems to be taking off. Like, big-time taking off. Meanwhile, your new business has been a bit of a struggle. Your fiancé is still going on planning the wedding and hasn't once mentioned the other guy. In fact, she's given you no cause for concern and keeps saying and doing all the right things.

Are you the kind of man who confidently goes on about his business, or are you the kind of man who stays up all night wondering whether she's leaving you?
Why? What have you heard? Is this what that phone call was about the other night? I'm pretty sure he's in her contacts under the name Spam Risk.

Oh wait, I don't care because if she leaves, I'll do better.

What you say about Tennessee is true, although I fully expect them to end up a 2-3 loss team after bowls.

But what makes us "less attractive" than 3 months ago? Injuries? Losing to MTSU? We have several young players who will be more ready next year, and a very good committed class. We are also investing record money.
Exactly. Anyone who committed to us knows we are a rebuiding team, or more accurately entire program. That hasn't changed, and neither has the potential for us to become a powerhouse and for them to be a part of it.

Exactly. Anyone who committed to us knows we are a rebuiding team, or more accurately entire program. That hasn't changed, and neither has the potential for us to become a powerhouse and for them to be a part of it.
One thing I’ve read from multiple people (and if another recruiting insider has a different take by all means….) is that Mario is very very good and detailed at relationship building and being up front with recruits and families. So it would seem to me this statement is pretty accurate.

Fundamentally you're right.. Nothing has changed and any kid who made his decision to come to Miami for fundamental reasons doesn't really have a reason to reconsider

But perception and momentum are big things as well. And in late June/early July, we were the hottest team in the country with a possible top 2 class. Obviously that's not the case anymore.

Mauigoa seems like the kind of kid that would make his decision on the "big picture" and not shallow reasons.

Advertisement
Back