Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Big facts. A segment of the CIS space wants this kid and others to decommit so bad so they can dunk on Mario, " told you so bro ". " the offense 🗑 man " etc etc. It's weird. They basically want us to self destruct.

100 % agree. If they could they would pay them to decommit. They CAN'T wait for the first decommit...I bet they have all the material written already just waiting to hit post.
Rivals don't need to negative recruit against us...our "fans" do that already.

Big facts. A segment of the CIS space wants this kid and others to decommit so bad so they can dunk on Mario, " told you so bro ". " the offense 🗑 man " etc etc. It's weird. They basically want us to self destruct.
Idk man I really don’t think it’s that crazy to think that a kid some people expected to commit to UT could potentially rethink his decision.

If the vols find a way to make it to the playoffs or are a few inches away from it + we continue to struggle and go 7-5/6-6….is it really that ridiculous? Especially considering they’ve got Nico coming in, an elite offense, and tons of bags?

Idk man I really don’t think it’s that crazy to think that a kid some people expected to commit to UT could potentially rethink his decision.

If the vols find a way to make it to the playoffs or are a few inches away from it + we continue to struggle and go 7-5/6-6….is it really that ridiculous? Especially considering they’ve got Nico coming in, an elite offense, and tons of bags?
It's not ridiculous at all but I'm pointing out some of our fanbase seems to be hoping for it not simply worried it could happen. I don't rock with that. But in the case of Francis, we can sell proof of concept to the NFL at his position. Especially connecting the Samoan dots with Sewell to him. The pitch of " look what we did for an island boy like you at Oregon, 3 and done with a top 10 pick in the draft. Come to the U and start day 1 and 3 years later go hug Roger Goddell ". Tennessee can't sell that to him like that.

Advertisement
Sounds like you are hoping that we have something to worry about.
So asking a legitimate question implies that I'm rooting for Mario to fail? You even think about reading any of my other posts to see if your shallow assumption aligns with my post history?

Dumb people like you are why we can't have decent discussions on this board.

I'll spell it out for you so you realize there's an alternative angle to my question rather than just "sounds like you want Mario to fail".

Tennessee is a surprise top 5 team and playoff contender. They will likely give UGA their toughest game of the year. There's no doubt, along with their NIL and Nico, that they are a more attractive program today than they were 3 months ago when Mauigoa committed to us.

We are also likely a less attractive program than we were 3 months ago.

Supposedly Mauigoa was very seriously considering committing to Tennessee instead of us back in July.

Just asking if anybody knows if Mauigoa is having second thoughts.

Is that an ok question to ask? Do you approve? Or does that means my fan hood gets called into question now?

If it's not ok, maybe you can help me understand how to ask this question appropriately on a Miami hurricanes recruiting forum?

Thanks for your help.

So asking a legitimate question implies that I'm rooting for Mario to fail? You even think about reading any of my other posts to see if your shallow assumption aligns with my post history?

Dumb people like you are why we can't have decent discussions on this board.

I'll spell it out for you so you realize there's an alternative angle to my question rather than just "sounds like you want Mario to fail".

Tennessee is a surprise top 5 team and playoff contender. They will likely give UGA their toughest game of the year. There's no doubt, along with their NIL and Nico, that they are a more attractive program today than they were 3 months ago when Mauigoa committed to us.

We are also likely a less attractive program than we were 3 months ago.

Supposedly Mauigoa was very seriously considering committing to Tennessee instead of us back in July.

Just asking if anybody knows if Mauigoa is having second thoughts.

Is that an ok question to ask? Do you approve? Or does that means my fan hood gets called into question now?

If it's not ok, maybe you can help me understand how to ask this question appropriately on a Miami hurricanes recruiting forum?

Thanks for your help.

So...there hasn't been anything at all reported about him having second thoughts but you took it upon yourself to make a power point presentation on why he should reconsider Tennessee....ok I guess.

It's not ridiculous at all but I'm pointing out some of our fanbase seems to be hoping for it not simply worried it could happen. I don't rock with that. But in the case of Francis, we can sell proof of concept to the NFL at his position. Especially connecting the Samoan dots with Sewell to him. The pitch of " look what we did for an island boy like you at Oregon, 3 and done with a top 10 pick in the draft. Come to the U and start day 1 and 3 years later go hug Roger Goddell ". Tennessee can't sell that to him like that.
Where did someone post that they want him to de commit?

Advertisement
Some things can be clearly inferred without being specifically mentioned. Many posters here have practically guaranteed decommits with specific losses yet when pressed for the specific players nothing but crickets.
So nobody.

Why do you boys go making **** up to argue with nobody?

Just trying to understand.is this for fan points or something ?

You want me to name specific posters who said decommits were coming cuz I can definitely do that
I want you to name specific posts where people WANT kids to decommit, which was the basis of your battle of the fans with nobody who said it in this thread.

Cause I just see slurpers reaching to make a point and feel good about their way of being a fan when these moronic positions like “wants the team to fail so they are right” get made.

Advertisement
Most important kid in the class. I trust Mario to get us to signing day? Since he is at img that means he can’t early enroll correct?

Will he sign early or do they allow that. I know img is weird about all that

I want you to name specific posts where people WANT kids to recommit, which was the basis of your battle of the fans with nobody who said it in this thread.
Bro I'm not gonna go back and retrieve all my past convos and dig thru nostalgia trips about Butch Davis and cryptic bs with the next loss and decommits are coming

Advertisement
Back