Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
Advertisement
FWIW Malik Bryant went live tonight and threw up the U. Said he's early enrolling and "we have some big names coming"
Jim Carrey Yes GIF

Big names..........LFG

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think that’s a bit strong
Ok. Maybe 1st round?

I have high expectations. By all accounts the mental and physical makeup is there and we know the coaching and resources are there.

Of course there are always unforseen circumstances like injuries but outside of those, hard to see this kid not being a 1st rounder when he comes out.

Think that’s a bit strong
Future elite OL recruits will use how we developed Mauigoa as a measuring stick. The reason Bama gets all the big time OL recruits is because they have made a yearly track record of developing their guys into top first round picks. Its almost a guarantee at this point.

So while top 10 could have been a stretch by the poster..I get his overall point. We need to hit a grand slam with Mauigoa and hopefully Samson too.. No mistakes here. (within our control of course. Injury, off field shenanigans, etc)

Advertisement
Ok. Maybe 1st round?

I have high expectations. By all accounts the mental and physical makeup is there and we know the coaching and resources are there.

Of course there are always unforseen circumstances like injuries but outside of those, hard to see this kid not being a 1st rounder when he comes out.
He should be a 1st rounder but failure is still such a strong word. Him not being a 1st or 2nd day pick? Yeah that I can sign off on. This kid is a monster athlete but he will still need to work on his craft to get to that level.

Future elite OL recruits will use how we developed Mauigoa as a measuring stick. The reason Bama gets all the big time OL recruits is because they have made a yearly track record of developing their guys into top first round picks. Its almost a guarantee at this point.

So while top 10 could have been a stretch by the poster..I get his overall point. We need to hit a grand slam with Mauigoa and hopefully Samson too.. No mistakes here. (within our control of course. Injury, off field shenanigans, etc)
Top 10 is likely dependent on his arm length and a few other "projection" factors. It's easier to "develop" guys with these initial tools, though. There's a chance Mauigoa ends up inside, which would also impact his Top 10 projection.

This kid was down to us and Tennessee..

Tennessee just proved "they're back" by beating Bama... In that atmosphere too.. wow....

Do we have anything to worry about here?

Advertisement
After watching his commitment video
Im not worried about him
It’s clear he committed for more than just football and that he can’t get anywhere but here

Advertisement
Back