Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
Gaby and Lake spoke to Mauigoa at the press part of Future 50:

"Francis Mauigoa says he will be at the June Cookout with 5-star EDGE Samuel M’Pemba. A lot went into the decision to pick Miami, which came down to the wire. One was his relationship with Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal. I think he believes in the direction of the program. He wants to land the best class in the country and says he hopes Miami gets Okunlola and Alinen."

He mentioned that The Rock is his idol and that he was blown away when he tweeted at him after he committed to Miami.

Mauigoa: “I believe in Jaden Rashada. He is an incredible dude. You have to look at the quarterback. Some quarterbacks can’t handle the pressure, but he can.”

Mauigoa: “Payton Kirkland is coming with me”
Screenshot_2022-07-15-13-43-59-99_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-15-13-44-18-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Advertisement
Wow. We are recruting leaders. Mauigoa has so much cred as an offensive tackle that he’s able to recruit other high school players.
But the key, as Mauigoa explained, was getting Rashada because all players regardless of position want to play with a great QB. This is why the QB’s will always make more NIL than any other position. Same thing has happened at UT with Manning. When a school recruits the star QB, the school is then able to sell the entire pledge class. Then sprinkle in a few outspoken leaders lIke Mauigoa and a pledge class can turn a school around.

Diamond age of wrestling bro. We’ll never see or feel that chit again.
No doubt.

I can name at least 30 wrestlers from the 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s that were way better than any of the current crop of jabronies. Those guys were pros and knew how to sell their characters, wether you loved or hated them.

In no particular order:

“Nature Boy” Rick Flair
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
“The Rock” Dwayne Johnson
Brett “The Hitman” Hart
The Undertaker
Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
“The Heartbreak Kid” Sean Michaels
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
“The Apex Predator” Randy Orton
Edge
Chris Jericho
Mankind/Cactus Jack/Mick Foley
“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
“The King” Jerry Lawler
C.M. Punk
The Iron Sheik
Kane
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Bobby “The Brain” Henan
Chris Benoit (infamous for the heinous crimes that he committed, but was one of the greatest wrestlers and most hated heels of his era).
“Big Daddy Pump” Kevin Steiner
Rick Steiner
Owen Hart
“The Junkyard Dog”
“Mr. Perfect” Curt Henning
“Bam Bam” Bigalow
“The Total Package” Lex Luger
Sid Vicious
Booker T.
Ron Simmons
Chyna
The Giant
“Superstar” Billy Graham
Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard
Magnum T.A.
Animal and Hawk “The Road Warriors”
The Rock-N-Roll Express
Haiku/Meng
The Von Eric’s (Kerry, Kevin, David)
The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes, Gordy, Roberts)
The British Bulldogs

…and this was just rapid fire. I’m sure that I forgot a few more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No doubt.

I can name at least 30 wrestlers from the 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s that were way better than any of the current crop of jabronies. Those guys were pros and knew how to sell their characters, wether you loved or hated them.

In no particular order:

“Nature Boy” Rick Flair
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Brett “The Hitman” Heart
The Undertaker
Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Edge
Chris Jericho
Cactus Jack/Mick Foley
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
“The King” Jerry Lawler
C.M. Punk
The Iron Sheik
Kane
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Bobby “The Brain” Henan
Chris Benoit (infamous for the heinous crimes that he committed, but was one of the greatest wrestlers and most hated heels of his era).
Rick Steiner
Owen Heart
“The Junkyard Dog”
“Bam Bam” Bigalow
Sid Vicious
Booker T.
Ron Simmons
Chyna
The Giant
“Superstar” Billy Graham
Magnum T.A.
The Rock-N-Roll Express
Haiku/Meng
The British Bulldogs

No love for Mankind on that one?

I posted him as Cactus Jack and Mick Foley.

I’ll add him as Mankind. Pound for pound the craziest wrestler of all-time. Dude sacrificed his body for his family’s future like no other.
Yeah I know, I bolded them in my reply, was just surprised that you left out Mankind. He was my favorite of the three.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I bolded them in my reply, was just surprised that you left out Mankind. He was my favorite of the bunch.
Much respect for him. The guy laid in all on the line every single night. Nobody ever took more punishment in the ring, and he also gave plenty of it out.

Advertisement
No doubt.

In no particular order:

“Nature Boy” Rick Flair
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Brett “The Hitman” Hart
The Undertaker
Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Edge
Chris Jericho
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
“The King” Jerry Lawler
C.M. Punk
The Iron Sheik
Kane
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Bobby “The Brain” Henan
Rick Steiner
Owen Hart
“The Junkyard Dog”
“Bam Bam” Bigalow
Sid Vicious
Booker T.
Ron Simmons
Chyna
The Giant
“Superstar” Billy Graham
Magnum T.A.
The Rock-N-Roll Express
Haiku/Meng
The British Bulldogs

Throw in:
RVD
Sabu
Taz
Demolition
“The Franchise” Shane Douglas
The Great Muta
Jushin “Thunder” Liger
Ricky Steamboat
Triple H
“Fabulous” Bobby Eaton
“Big” Van Vader
Midnight Express
Sting
The Ultimate Warrior
Sgt Slaughter
Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
Trish Status
Sable
The Hardy’s
“Rated R Superstar” Edge
Christian Cage
“Flyin” Brian Pillman
Eddie Guerrero
Mike Awesome
Million Dollar Man Teddy D

I mean, u can check NWA, WCW, WWF/E, ECW & it was outstanding wrestlers, where u could tune in any promotion & be satisfied

No doubt.

In no particular order:

“Nature Boy” Rick Flair
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Brett “The Hitman” Hart
The Undertaker
Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Edge
Chris Jericho
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
“The King” Jerry Lawler
C.M. Punk
The Iron Sheik
Kane
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Bobby “The Brain” Henan
Rick Steiner
Owen Hart
“The Junkyard Dog”
“Bam Bam” Bigalow
Sid Vicious
Booker T.
Ron Simmons
Chyna
The Giant
“Superstar” Billy Graham
Magnum T.A.
The Rock-N-Roll Express
Haiku/Meng
The British Bulldogs

No DDP?

Throw in:
RVD
Sabu
Taz
Demolition
“The Franchise” Shane Douglas
The Great Muta
Jushin “Thunder” Liger
Ricky Steamboat
Triple H
“Fabulous” Bobby Eaton
“Big” Van Vader
Midnight Express
Sting
The Ultimate Warrior
Sgt Slaughter
Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
Trish Status
Sable
The Hardy’s
“Rated R Superstar” Edge
Christian Cage
“Flyin” Brian Pillman
Eddie Guerrero
Mike Awesome
Million Dollar Man Teddy D

I mean, u can check NWA, WCW, WWF/E, ECW & it was outstanding wrestlers, where u could tune in any promotion & be satisfied
Can’t believe that I forgot Sting and RVD.

The Hardy’s were great too, and Raven in the ECW. He was a madman.

Big Van Vader was scary as ****, too. Dude hurt several guys for real.

I forgot King Kong Bundy, too. Dude was super quick and nimble for being such a large (PAUSE) human being.

The Great Sabu is probably the craziest dude I ever saw live. The level of risk that he took and the height that he got on his high flying stunts was incredible. No fear.

****, how could I forget Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and also Tito Santana. Coco B. Ware was also a great wrestler and entertainer.

The Ultimate Warrior was a fan favorite and a wild man, but I left him off on purpose. Dude could barely wrestle. Same reason I left Goldberg off this list. Guy pretty much had one move, and the rest was just looking crazy at the camera.

Shane Douglas was a great wrestler and showman, and Taz was a freak.

My favorite Triple H incarnation was when he teamed with THK and X-Pac in the second iteration of D-Generation X. Those dudes together were legendary.

Advertisement
Can’t believe that I forgot Sting and RVD.

The Hardy’s were great too, and Raven in the ECW. He was a madman.

Big Van Vader was scary as ****, too. Dude hurt several guys for real.

I forgot King Kong Bundy, too. Dude was super quick and nimble for being such a large (PAUSE) human being.

The Great Sabu is probably the craziest dude I ever saw live. The level of risk that he took and the height that he got on his high flying stunts was incredible. No fear.

****, how could I forget Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and also Tito Santana. Coco B. Ware was also a great wrestler and entertainer.

The Ultimate Warrior was a fan favorite and a wild man, but I left him off on purpose. Dude could barely wrestle. Same reason I left Goldberg off this list. Guy pretty much had one move, and the rest was just looking crazy at the camera.

Shane Douglas was a great wrestler and showman, and Taz was a freak.

My favorite Triple H incarnation was when he teamed with THK and X-Pac in the second iteration of D-Generation X. Those dudes together were legendary.

Bro, do u remember when Diesel wrestled under the moniker Vinnie Vegas in WCW? He was apart of The Diamond Stable led by DDP. Lol. Finishing move was “The Snake Eyes.” Lol

Also, forgot to include one of the greatest in-ring & out of-ring performers, Abdullah The Butcher.

I mean, we can just rattle off wrestlers that were memorable. Today? I don’t know or identify w/ all these new wrestlers. Not the same impact.

Advertisement
No doubt.

In no particular order:

“Nature Boy” Rick Flair
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Brett “The Hitman” Hart
The Undertaker
Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Edge
Chris Jericho
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
“The King” Jerry Lawler
C.M. Punk
The Iron Sheik
Kane
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Bobby “The Brain” Henan
Rick Steiner
Owen Hart
“The Junkyard Dog”
“Bam Bam” Bigalow
Sid Vicious
Booker T.
Ron Simmons
Chyna
The Giant
“Superstar” Billy Graham
Magnum T.A.
The Rock-N-Roll Express
Haiku/Meng
The British Bulldogs

My personal favorite was,.. “THE BUSH WACKERS”. They used to come out with that funky jangly Australian music? Cracked me up as a kid. 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Dang…I can’t believe that I forgot DDP. One of the GOATS.
Bro, do u remember when Diesel wrestled under the moniker Vinnie Vegas in WCW? He was apart of The Diamond Stable led by DDP. Lol. Finishing move was “The Snake Eyes.” Lol

Also, forgot to include one of the greatest in-ring & out of-ring performers, Abdullah The Butcher.

I mean, we can just rattle off wrestlers that were memorable. Today? I don’t know or identify w/ all these new wrestlers. Not the same impact.
He’ll yeah, I remember. I also remember Scott Hall in the old

**** yeah, I remember him in the WCW as Vinnie Vegas.

I also remember Scott Hall in the old Georgia Championship Wrestling. Sid Vicious was there too as the masked wrestler, Humongous. (BIG PAUSE)

I also remember “Nature Boy” Tommy Rich and the great Tony Atlas before he went to the WWF.

Also guys like “Hands of Stone” Ronnie Garvin, Ken Patera, “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff, Bruiser Brody (R.I.P), “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Terry Funk, Geno Hernandez and the great Harley Race.

I used to watch Florida Championship Wrestling every Saturday as a kid too. Legends like Dusty Rhodes, Chief Wahoo McDaniel, Black Jack Mulligan, Kevin Sullivan and the family. Dustin Rhodes, Kendall Windham, The Great Kabuki, Kendo Nagasaki, Abdullah The Butcher, Rick Flair, Superstar Billy Graham, etc..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back