Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
I didn't see it (I was watching on CBS).

If they were just REPORTING that he is a 247 4-star, I could understand it. If they said he is an ESPN 4-star, I completely do NOT understand it.

Why?

Because the 247 ranking is "much" lower than the composite (both rank and score). Meaning, if the other parts of the "composite" score (and rank) come from Rivals, ESPN, and on3, those other services MUST (mathematically) be higher than 247's ranking.

In other words, 247 is "the Russian judge" giving him a lower score.

Not sure how he gets to a "composite" 5-star (and Top 10 ranking) if BOTH 247 AND ESPN both have him as a 4-star. That would pretty much require Rivals and on3 to BOTH list him as the #1 overall recruit to yield the composite score that he has.

Interesting read at 2am

Advertisement
I don’t know what’s crazier, the fact we just got a commitment from the #1 OT in the country or the fact that deep down, with the momentum Mario has built, we knew he’d choose us and it would actually be the right decision.

We no longer have to rely on the Duke Johnson (of course all love to Duke) commits. Where the kid was born and raised a Miami fan and that’s the only reason he comes. Now kids genuinely see us as a contender. This **** is nuts.
No monfriere, this shiggitty is Great!

Advertisement

american samoan GIF by WWE

MOAR Samoans !!!!!!

Advertisement
I've always wondered when , if ever, we were going to start tapping into the Samoan pipeline.

It's rich, deep, talented and extremely motivated. The west coast, especially USC, Oregon and Washington, BYU and Utah have been recruiting that island and Samoan mainlanders for years.

The climate in Miami is a much better for fit. I pray this is isn't a one and done. With Mario I doubt that will happen and will actually become the 1st of many.

They'll not only add talent but just as importantly high level motivation. Having talented and highly motivated recruits is something that has been lacking the past few years and something we desperately need.

Advertisement
Off topic, but just realized Sting’s original theme’s baseline was eerily similar to the Ultimate Warrior’s original theme’s baseline. Makes sense, being they were tag team partners once upon a time as The Blade Runners.
Maaaaan to not know who was coming to the ring next and to hear that guitar riff begin was a crazy feeling as a kid. 90’s WCW/NWA was the best wrestling ever IMO. Midnight Express, Rock N Roll Express, Road Warriors, Ric Flair, The Freebirds and Stings entrance music was the best ever.

I posted this because the FM commitment excitement brought me back to 14 again 😂 and that music came to mind.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back