Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
@RVACane hit me with the Florida Eliminated

Sorry for the delay, just saw this...

1656981786748.png

Advertisement
I've been following recruiting since the Fall of 2007 which was my freshman year of college and I've never seen a run like this. Richt had a nice run of highly rated kids after Lingard committed for the 2017 but not this kinda run.

It was nice closing with Bush, McCord, and Howard in 2012 but that wasn't anywhere near this and that class ultimately was propped bu by having 33 commits, not by the quality of them.

This is what Mario does.
What makes this run even crazier, is that it’s solely based on the momentum of Mario’s recruiting and the relationships established while at Oregon. Mario really has this class in the top 8, with no wins or losses this season.
He already had established relationships with the 2023 kids and he’s slowly working the 2024 kids and he’s just planting the seeds with the 2025, 2026 and 2027 kids. He hasn’t REALLY set his fence around the state yet and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still unpacking lol. Once we pick up steam this season, then the unimaginable begins. Also Richt had solid momentum with his class, but majority of that can be credited to that magical run during his 10 win season and the hype behind the turnover chain.. Mario is not all flash and gimmicks. Like the last regime. Sit back and enjoy 😎.

Last edited:
Lake put out an appreciation post for his “coverage” on FM. It took everything I had not to get banned.
Lake earned some good will with me when he went scorched earth on James & Co. Probably won’t last much longer the way things are going over there.

Advertisement

Francis Mauigoa Film Review: Canes land 5
⭐️
#1 OT in the nation via American Samoa. 6-5 330 with ELITE athletisim paired with herculean lower/upper body strength at the point of attack. Will now join a room coached by the best OL coaches in the NATION. #GoCanes

Francis Mauigoa Film Review: Canes land 5
⭐️
#1 OT in the nation via American Samoa. 6-5 330 with ELITE athletisim paired with herculean lower/upper body strength at the point of attack. Will now join a room coached by the best OL coaches in the NATION. #GoCanes

So awesome. 🙌

The BEST OL coach in the nation though? Not one of the better ones? Fantastic, good to know for sure until we can start landing 4-5 top end talent across the line.

Where are they calling him a 4☆? On the live broadcast? (I'm not watching).

Their website has him as a 5☆ and 5th overall player.

I explained it here:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nope. Was always a 4 star in 247's own ranking cause they haven't distributed all the 5 stars yet. He will be a 5 star there once they do. His ranking hasn't changed

Technically, it is confusing.

247 claims to give 5 stars to anyone with a .98 score or higher. They have given Mauigoa a .96 score.

247 ALSO claims to give 5-star ratings to the 32 highest-rated players. They have only give 5-star ratings to the 4 highest-rated players.

I explained it here:

He (the post I responded to) said ESPN was calling them a 4☆, the ranking I listed was from ESPN website. ESPN I suspect, or assume, wouldn't be using 247 ratings in their broadcasts. Maybe the 247composite if anything.

Edit: to clarify, that's why my post says "Where", and not Why. Thought maybe the poster saw a tweet from an ESPN journalist or something

Advertisement
@ThatWasMyIdea Don’t ******* question me. Just sit back, shut up and enjoy the information thst people who actually know something so graciously provide to this FREE site. More commitments like Francis’ coming this month, I would say four 5⭐️ would be a good guess by August.
C'mon @LeedsCane! Talk yo ****! Put them all on blast and tell 'em how it is!

Advertisement
Back