Four-star corner Travell Dixon

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
The WSFL is playing solid football this year. Arizona Western is playing in the national title game, New Mexico Military, Eastern Arizona, Snow and Glendale are all in the NJCAA's most recent top 20 poll. Scout.com brings you a massive update on some of the prospects from the teams in this league.

*Four-star corner Travell Dixon from Eastern Arizona tells Scout.com, "Today I was offered by Mississippi State, FIU (Florida International) and The U (Miami)." Dixon is one of the nation's most highly regarded corners and has offers from Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma and many other top programs.

*Arizona Western corner Tony Grimes has been offered by South Florida and Miami according to AWC head coach Tom Minnick. Grimes started a few games at Ole Miss last year.

Advertisement
I'd take both Dixon and Grimes. We need players at corner in the worst way. Bring in some JUCOs, some WRs that can convert, some natural SoFla CBs...then let it all shake out. Players can move around.

We basically return Brandon McGee who isn't that good...Thomas Finnie, who has a lot of potential, but a bit undersized...and then some guys that shouldn't ever play here returning (that is, if they don't transfer out).

So, we have a lot of room to take some kids...I'd love to add a JUCO or even two to the mix...I think it is necessary.

Last edited:
I'd take both Dixon and Grimes. We need players at corner in the worst way. Bring in some JUCOs, some WRs that can convert, some natural SoFla CBs...then let it all shake out. Players can move around.

We basically return Brandon McGee who isn't that good...Thomas Finnie, who has a lot of potential, but a bit undersized...and then some guys that shouldn't ever play here returning (that is, if they don't transfer out).

So, we have a lot of room to take some kids...I'd love to add a JUCO or even two to the mix...I think it is necessary.

The juco kids should also be able to step in physically where true freshman aren't always ready.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back