Four Reasons We Lost & Changes Needed Post 2020

There were some really bad calls and missed calls. The missed pass interference call on Jordan was unforgivable and changed the game. Ok St scored on that turnover. If we get the first down, we might score on that drive and its 14-7 instead of 21-0.
It wasn't just the bad calls. The refs seemed like they never officiated above Pop Warner level. Whenever a flag was thrown, they spent an unusual amount of time trying to figure out what to do. They appeared confused whenever a decision was required of them. Their facial expressions said it all.

Advertisement
Doesn't help the D when the starting DEs don't play. If they had been at Bama or Clemson, they would have played and stayed until they were ineligible.

Patke? Should stay as a ST coach only??

He needs to get the **** out too. When’s the last time we had anyone anywhere close to returning a punt/kickoff for a td? ****, we struggle to simply catch punts, much less house them. STs has been trash... because he was gifted a kicker this year means nothing.

Gifted is an odd way to say recruited. **** Ohio St was "gifted" Fields by that standard.

We had an all-American kicker and punter, and just signed the top HS kicker and a big-time PR/KR in Curtis

There are literally ZERO fanbases that would be as insane as ours and say fire the ST Coach. Jesus christ

Advertisement
Manuelito's to-do list:

-FIRE BAKER & RUMPH ASAP
-Get a grad transfer guard/center
-Get a grad transfer corner
-Recommend Pope, Wiggins, Jennings & Steed to enter the transfer portal
-Recommend McCloud to grad transfer

What did Steed do to earn your hate?

2021 really depends on what King's injury is, and if he'll be able to play.

On D, keep Stroud and Banda. Fire Baker and Rumph. Patke should be ST only
OUR SPECIAL TEAMS SUCKS. Do you even watch the games? Don’t let Borregales and Hedley’s talent fool you. Patke didn’t coach them, they both came in ready to go. Our returners consistently make mistakes, fumbles, can’t read when to come up to make a catch or let the ball go on a punt. Penalties and zero big plays. When are we accustomed for Miami’s return game to be THIS bad. Keep Patke and let him coach ST only? I’m sorry, bro, but you’re completely wrong.

OUR SPECIAL TEAMS SUCKS. Do you even watch the games? Don’t let Borregales and Hedley’s talent fool you. Patke didn’t coach them, they both came in ready to go. Our returners consistently make mistakes, fumbles, can’t read when to come up to make a catch or let the ball go on a punt. Penalties and zero big plays. When are we accustomed for Miami’s return game to be THIS bad. Keep Patke and let him coach ST only? I’m sorry, bro, but you’re completely wrong.

lol, as I said, worst fanbase ever. It's hopeless to argue with you

Advertisement
2021 really depends on what King's injury is, and if he'll be able to play.

On D, keep Stroud and Banda. Fire Baker and Rumph. Patke should be ST only

Uhhh; no

Patke needs to bounce. How in tf can’t we field a meaningful punt yet? Way too many muffs, and our return game is trash. I don’t credit him w Jose or Lou b/c we saw Jose fully developed at FIU, & Lou is a grown man coming from the JUCO level. Dude played Rugby. Our ST is trash.

We need a complete cleansing. Banda can go too. I’m tired of seeing our S lost in coverage & look like imbeciles in open fields.

And let me be VERY clear; I disagree w the insinuation that some of the OP made. 8-3 is not progress. Myself, along w, in particular @The Franchise tried to warn u about the smoke & mirrors of this season. After Pitt, u were warned that wasn’t a clean win. After VT, After NC St.

This was our worst nightmare. Blake will now have “confidence” we’re moving in the right direction. Manny may make some changes, but he’ll still be here, and Blake will still be here.

Come 2021, we’ll be going on yet another 3+ game losing streak. There will be no confidence booster games to start out. We saw how that played out in 2017- 19.

Dang bro; I said the same chit. Lol

Uhhh; no

Patke needs to bounce. How in tf can’t we field a meaningful punt yet? Way too many muffs, and our return game is trash. I don’t credit him w Jose or Lou b/c we saw Jose fully developed at FIU, & Lou is a grown man coming from the JUCO level. Dude played Rugby. Our ST is trash.

We need a complete cleansing. Banda can go too. I’m tired of seeing our S lost in coverage & look like imbeciles in open fields.

And let me be VERY clear; I disagree w the insinuation that some of the OP made. 8-3 is not progress. Myself, along w, in particular @The Franchise tried to warn u about the smoke & mirrors of this season. After Pitt, u were warned that wasn’t a clean win. After VT, After NC St.

This was our worst nightmare. Blake will now have “confidence” we’re moving in the right direction. Manny may make some changes, but he’ll still be here, and Blake will still be here.

Come 2021, we’ll be going on yet another 3+ game losing streak. There will be no confidence booster games to start out. We saw how that played out in 2017- 19.

Honestly, just shut the program down. At this point, if it cleanses my school from being associated with the worst fans in the history of sports, it's worth it.

agree with most of post, but do not leave S&C out of mix, we simply lack explosive strength on both sides of LOS,we have not kept pace with what top notch ( top 20) teams are doing in S&C,,, till we solve that issue we will struggle to beat quality teams
That's not an issue

Advertisement
Honestly, just shut the program down. At this point, if it cleanses my school from being associated with the worst fans in the history of sports, it's worth it.
You are calling us bad fans because we point out how our special teams unit completely sucks and you want to keep the guy who has been coaching that unit as the coach? Okay bud

In the 1991 Cotton Bowl, Miami had a school record 202 penalty yards and still kicked Texas' *** 46-3.
there was a time when Canes didn't need to use the refs as a ***** excuse for losing.

Advertisement
That's not an issue
wait till Bama kicks our -ss on both sides of LOS..... like Whisky(2), LSU, Clemson and NC.
season is a microcosm of issues with team, enough talent to beat average teams but not top notch( top 20) programs
NC. Clemson and Oak St.

Advertisement
Back