Four RB #1s on the team

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
They all have earned an equal share of carries throughout the season until further notice. The Running game doesn’t lose anything when either one is substituted for the other. Put some respect on this backfield definitely one of the best groups in the country. Don’t matter who gets the 1st carry they are all beast!

And a healthy Travonte Citizen makes it Five RB#1s on the team.

Advertisement
They all have earned an equal share of carries throughout the season until further notice. The Running game doesn’t lose anything when either one is substituted for the other. Put some respect on this backfield definitely one of the best groups in the country. Don’t matter who gets the 1st carry they are all beast!

I think all come back next year and you have a back also looking like redshirt and a committed back coming in.. survival of fittest, a couple transferred IN also, so with restriction unless they graduate they would most likely be locked in.. we will see how it plays out

9 carries for Parrish
9 carries for Fletcher
9 carries for Allen
8 carries for Chaney

That’s how it’s done in a game like that. Keep everyone fresh during the game and keep everyone fresh for the duration of the season. I doubt anyone has 1000 yards this year but we might have 4 different kids with 400+.

Advertisement
The thing that'll separate them is who knows their role the best. Who can pickup a blitz the best. Who has the most versatility. They can all run and bring a little something different, but all the little things will make the starter who he is.

This is exactly how I hoped and anticipated it would be. Very impressive group for sure. Looking forward to seeing them vs the big boys on our schedule. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
9 carries for Parrish
9 carries for Fletcher
9 carries for Allen
8 carries for Chaney

That’s how it’s done in a game like that. Keep everyone fresh during the game and keep everyone fresh for the duration of the season. I doubt anyone has 1000 yards this year but we might have 4 different kids with 400+.

Gonna be interesting to see how this approach affects recruiting the position. On one hand, HS prospects will see that everyone in the room truly gets opportunities for playing time, which is an obvious draw; but on the other, no one player is a featured back and that lowers their ceiling as pro prospects. Way too early to say definitively that all these guys are gonna get equal touches though and injuries WILL happen. A two-headed monster would probably be ideal.

While I believe we're better as a team taking the committee approach and keeping everyone fresh, the yardage and TD totals for our leading rusher at the end of the season probably won't blow any recruits away who want to be "the guy". Still, who wouldn't want to run behind this OL? An elite prospect like Riley may also posit that nobody has distinguished themselves yet and that the bellcow role is still up for grabs. It really just depends on how you look at it.

Regardless, I trust Mario to sell the role and we've never really struggled to recruit talented RBs here so that probably won't change any time soon. For now, this RB room looks absolutely STACKED and I'm excited to see who emerges from it.

I put a lot of their success on the offensive line. These boys were running through massive holes and a lot of times werent even touched until they were 5 yards downfield. The backs all looked talented but I will say we are missing that extra gear, the ability to house one when you’re running thru a gap like that. None of these backs flashed that Portis/McGahee explosiveness, Lamar Miller, etc.

All that said I was impressed by all four of the backs that played.

I put a lot of their success on the offensive line. These boys were running through massive holes and a lot of times werent even touched until they were 5 yards downfield. The backs all looked talented but I will say we are missing that extra gear, the ability to house one when you’re running thru a gap like that. None of these backs flashed that Portis/McGahee explosiveness, Lamar Miller, etc.

All that said I was impressed by all four of the backs that played.
None of them are likely at the Portis/McGahee level. But that's an awful high standard.

It's great for these guys and the RBs we are recruiting. Unless you want to win the Heisman, it probably doesn't behoove you to carry the ball 20+ times a game. Too much chance of injury and just wear and tear. The NFL scouts will have plenty of tape on you if you average 10 carries a game.

Advertisement
I’m not a coach but I like the idea of keeping someone that’s hard to bring down like fletcher completely in reserve until the 2nd half. Perfect opportunity to just trample them gassed.

None of them are likely at the Portis/McGahee level. But that's an awful high standard.

It's great for these guys and the RBs we are recruiting. Unless you want to win the Heisman, it probably doesn't behoove you to carry the ball 20+ times a game. Too much chance of injury and just wear and tear. The NFL scouts will have plenty of tape on you if you average 10 carries a game.

True, they all played well and flashed unique talents.

I’m not a coach but I like the idea of keeping someone that’s hard to bring down like fletcher completely in reserve until the 2nd half. Perfect opportunity to just trample them gassed.

Devils advocate says you hit them with Fletcher early and GET them gassed, then you hit them with gamebreaking speed like Ajay or Johnson late when they’re already gassed and can be creased

Advertisement
Red chickens were cover 3 because we couldn’t run last year.
Even when they switched we kept running into a mfckas face
Over and
Over and
Over
And
Over
1693689727927.gif

Advertisement
Back