Former TCU commit Warren starting to hear from UM

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 Many (LA) 3-star DE Myron Warren has already picked up offers from Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Texas A&M to name a few. One offer he’s still waiting on, however, is the Miami Hurricanes. Warren has been in contact with the recruiting staff at UM and is starting to build a connection with Miami.

“(Asst. Director of Player Personnel) Chip Francoforte is who I’ve been hearing from,” said Warren. “I have a strong relationship with him, he told me they could be close to offering.”

How would it feel if the Canes were to pull the trigger on an offer?

“I’d feel totally excited because they are an outstanding team and I would appreciate them because they saw the great talent I have,” said Warren.

Miami hasn’t yet told Warren where he’d fit into the team, but the 6’4” 235 pounder said most schools are recruiting him as an outside linebacker or defensive end. While he has yet to see the campus at UM, Warren is still heavily interested in the Canes. He is planning a future Miami trip so that he can see more of what the program has to offer.

“I haven’t been there before, but I’m interested in their amazing, hard-working football program,” Warren said of Miami.

During his final year of high school football, Warren has made a point to up his level of play. With a huge senior season for Many HS, Warren has seen increased attention from colleges.

“My season been rocking,” Warren said. “This season I have 48 tackles and 8 sacks.”

Warren was actually a TCU commit, but backed off that pledge earlier in October as more and more programs started showing interest. In terms of other schools vying for his commitment, Warren claims no leaders or top groups, but does plan to visit other programs he hears from at some point.

“There’s no top list yet, but I hear from Alabama, LSU, Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, Florida, and Syracuse the most,” Warren said. “I plan on visiting LSU, Oregon, and Florida for right now and of course Miami.”

Warren is planning on signing in December, but will wait until February if he’s still unsure of his destination. When he finally does make that decision, the school that will land Warren will offer him a comfortable environment and a chance to see the field early, as well as great academics.

“(I’m looking for) education, the love they have for me, and playing time,” said Warren.

Advertisement
Zero confidence we will pull a Texas kid against Aranda or Cristobal. And if the Bama or Texas offer is real, buh bye.

Advertisement
I just moved to Lake Charles for a new job, I'd like to check him out at a game if I get the chance. Many is a good team, will contend for a 2A title in LA

Advertisement
Kid has the frame to be 260-270 DE than can play inside on pass rushing downs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back