Former Recruits that you were wrong about......AND GO

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Travonte Valentine was a player I was really big on and thought would be a great player. Only FOLLOWING following recruiting from Goldens regime on, his recruitment wasone of my first tastes of drama, including the dram that was the Alex Collins Saga. But Valentine was one I was dead wrong on that flopped in a BAD way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Travonte Valentine was a player I was really big on and thought would be a great player. Only FOLLOWING following recruiting from Goldens regime on, his recruitment wasone of my first tastes of drama, including the dram that was the Alex Collins Saga. But Valentine was one I was dead wrong on that flopped in a BAD way.
I thought Diaz would be a good hc. Boy was I wrong

Thought KC McDermott was going to be elite, thought Kirby and McCord was going to be really good, and I am sure most of us thought Tracy Howard was going to be better than he was.

Oh and that Baby Jesus aka Kevin Olsen was going to take us back to the Natty oooof was I wrong

Advertisement
Are we supposed to be naming players that we predicted to NOT flip from Miami? or players that were busts after we assumed they would be good anywhere they go.

Recently...Greg Rousseau.

I'm surprised the guys I debated about him haven't killed me lol. I liked an American heritage de as a player more so than him as I didn't respect champagnat comp and didn't think he had a big frame or dline ability. Then I saw him in person a few weeks after and knew I was gonna be wayyy wrong.

Advertisement
As far as players I thought were coming, this f*ckwit is #1 for me:
1576706077646.png

As far as players that didn't have the career at Miami I thought they would, its a long list of under-performance built one undeveloped athlete at a time by ineffective and disastrous coaching.

#1 Ray Ray Armstrong - I thought he was the type of freak athlete that would be as close to Sean Taylor skill set we had seen that nobody could fail to maximize. I was wrong.
#2 Tracy Howard - I'm pretty sure the staph is guilty of some kind of crime with his development.

Dishonorable Mentions:
Entire 2008 Class
* NW crew
* Arthur Brown
* Ramon Buchanon
* Cannon Smith (not a single check from dad)
Storm Johnson
Allen Bailey

I did not believe that Duke would be as good as he was. I thought he was Lamar Miller 2.0. BUT, he came out the gate and blew up
I for one think Miller is better period he just didn't get the burn as a freshman that's why. If not he would of had a bigger impact imo. Duke will never do what Miller has done in the NFL he's not as good as Miller

Advertisement
Sam Bruce, smdh
Bar Milo, former 4 star
Zalontae Hillery, also recruited by bama
Nkosi, really thought he’d be the guy
Dionte Mullins, grown *** man

As far as guys who we missed on:
Tyler Byrd, flashing the U at the all star game and then signs w UT but he sucks
Now Romello Height, what a troll, wish him the best at Auburn but I hope he eats his fair share of humble pie

Ramon Buchanon. I had him at the top of his class that year. Absolute freak athlete who shut down anyone he faced at that Gator camp. Crazy seeing a LB recruit cover like a DB.

Brock Berlin. I thought we wouldn't miss a beat and would actually get a bit better. Quality in the gun, but never met my lofty expectations.

Perry. Certainly expected more, but I'm not sure how to judge QB_s for us with **** OC's and crap for an OL.

Advertisement
Back