Former players on scout team?

Advertisement
Most of our guys in their prime are still playing in the NFL though, unlike the guys from Bammer that washed out of the league.

They don't need to be in their prime. The value is getting legends out there to help with recruiting more than giving the team looks it couldn't get with the guys already on the roster.

Most of our guys in their prime are still playing in the NFL though, unlike the guys from Bammer that washed out of the league.

A team composed solely out of players that couldn't quite hack it in the league would be a top 25 college team, solely based on their experience, football IQ, and increased muscle strength.

Having our team practice against a top 25 team would be huge, especially given the increased physicality of NFL washouts. Would make their actual opponents seem easier.

Advertisement
Don't they also have to be enrolled in classes at the school? I thought I read that in a previous article about Alabama using former players in practice.

Don't they also have to be enrolled in classes at the school? I thought I read that in a previous article about Alabama using former players in practice.

This is all I see;
From the NCAA’s rule book:

“A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session.”

It says "former Student".

This is all I see;
From the NCAA’s rule book:

“A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session.”

It says "former Student".

Thanks.

Advertisement
I know Phillip Buchanon, Edgerrin James, Santana & Sinorice Moss, Clinton Portis, Kelly Jennings, Kenny Phillips, Jeremy Shockey & probably a bunch of others would all wanna do it if we asked them.

If we ever play a tall, skinny, fast quarterback that can't make a play on the ball DVD could be a major asset...

I know Phillip Buchanon, Edgerrin James, Santana & Sinorice Moss, Clinton Portis, Kelly Jennings, Kenny Phillips, Jeremy Shockey & probably a bunch of others would all wanna do it if we asked them.

Yes, because players that aren't actively training to play football can just pop on a helmet and shoulder pads and start playing...

Some of the people on this board are certifiably delusional.

Advertisement

Yes, because players that aren't actively training to play football can just pop on a helmet and shoulder pads and start playing...

Some of the people on this board are certifiably delusional.
That's not my point...

Advertisement
Yeah main thing is you can't publicize their appearance beforehand. So I guess you could just have a big recruiting day where you have a lot of recruits coming, and have that player make a special appearance.

Those players would be happy as a pig in **** if they could put the pads back on at Greentree. ****, Andre might come back out of retirement.

Advertisement
Back