2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

I don’t think Phil is as involved as many of you think.
Mostly playing around. I’m sure the folks at Oregon are a little happier about their recruits when they come at the expense of the coach who just left them though

Advertisement
@OldhamA Vegss is definitely West Coast. ****, we consider Vegas baby L.A b/c of how many dudes from L.A live there. We’re closer to Vegas than going to Northern CA by 2 hrs. Lol.
You gotta teach some of these dudes about west coast recruiting and how hard it’s gonna be when you’re the east coast school

Dad still wants him at Miami but is “fine” with Oregon. Says he’ll get coached and developed better at UM. Geo has good info so if he’s says it’s not mom I’ll go with it. I know she’s ok with Miami but heard she would prefer him at Oregon.

I think Miami still has a slim chance with him sleeping on it. I think his brother is also pushing UM.

He was committed to UM, bought in, all but signed. Wasn’t even going to visit Oregon coming off his UM visit. Maybe even going public with his commitment the following week. Mario may have did it to himself because they were so confident they said they didn’t care if he visited Oregon.. so he did.
Jesus, what the **** happened on that visit to Oregon?!

Advertisement
Family wants him at UM. They view it as the better choice. Miami will still be working him into the afternoon. Let’s just say that Oregon visit wasn’t even supposed to happen and the fam is not happy.
The plot thickens! So we're not up against momma. We're 0 for 1000 against moms, so you're telling us there's a chance?

Animated GIF

Dad still wants him at Miami but is “fine” with Oregon. Says he’ll get coached and developed better at UM. Geo has good info so if he’s says it’s not mom I’ll go with it. I know she’s ok with Miami but heard she would prefer him at Oregon.

I think Miami still has a slim chance with him sleeping on it. I think his brother is also pushing UM.

He was committed to UM, bought in, all but signed. Wasn’t even going to visit Oregon coming off his UM visit. Maybe even going public with his commitment the following week. Mario may have did it to himself because they were so confident they said they didn’t care if he visited Oregon.. so he did.
When's the last time you heard that in conjunction with UM?

Advertisement
Something doesn’t connect. If his family supports him going to UM, then why the strong OU lean? Typically west coast kids stay out there bc of being close to family
You ever been somewhere and felt like you were at home even on your first visit?

This kid could like OU more. There is a personal, subjective, and human element to this. Doesn’t always follow a specific formula that you can solve in a spreadsheet lol

You gotta teach some of these dudes about west coast recruiting and how hard it’s gonna be when you’re the east coast school

The only decent shot we have w/ WC kids are mercenaries at these private schools. But w/ USC now lurking, the WC is going to be hard. If Oregon maintains status quo, it’s really going to be hard b/c it’ll be a two headed monster out West.

I’ve said before the difference between the WC 5-star kid v. a So Fla 5 star kid is as soon as USC shows any life, they flock there. However, if they r going to go out of state/area, it’s going to be to an established powerhouse.

It is a different culture from the schools on the West vs. schools on The East. If Mario is going to recruit this area, he’s going to have to be more aggressive, meaning if a kid wants to commit, lock him down b/c WC kids commitment is a “bit more” binding; but, if u give them some time to think, ehhh, it could backfire b/c it’s too easy to stay closer to home which is the norm.

Advertisement
Hopefully, hopefully the relationship w/ Mario & Alex, along w/ Joe on staff will alleviate any reservations of being away from his comfort zone, or the eye candy he was introduced to at UO.

If not, oh well…his loss on being coached up by one of the best OL coaches in the game.

Is this what you tell the ladies when they go home with another dude?
No!!! Just follow them home and beat the crap out of the other dude and make her say yes.

I mean, c’mon, JG14. You’re better than that, brother.

You win some and you lose some and in regards to the ladies, there are others out there on any given day.

Don’t we have some connections with like Royal Caribbean or Norwegian or something? This kid is made for a nice NIL deal from a cruise line.

Advertisement
You ever been somewhere and felt like you were at home even on your first visit?

This kid could like OU more. There is a personal, subjective, and human element to this. Doesn’t always follow a specific formula that you can solve in a spreadsheet lol

Possible but he couldn’t stop gushing about his Miami visit. After his OU visit? Crickets

Don’t forget the Tua’s moved the whole family to ******* Bama for their kids to play there. The family is like a tribe in their culture, Dad being the chief we might be alright.

Something doesn’t connect. If his family supports him going to UM, then why the strong OU lean? Typically west coast kids stay out there bc of being close to family
After he signs, it will be interesting to find out what really went on (assuming the insiders release the info and the thread isn't locked).

Advertisement
Back