2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Family wants him at UM. They view it as the better choice. Miami will still be working him into the afternoon. Let’s just say that Oregon visit wasn’t even supposed to happen and the fam is not happy.
this might be one we pull out in the end. definitely more optimistic about this one than SS...

Advertisement
Family wants him at UM. They view it as the better choice. Miami will still be working him into the afternoon. Let’s just say that Oregon visit wasn’t even supposed to happen and the fam is not happy.
Sounds like the only thing holding Iuli back is the idea of being homesick, hope we can organize something to help his fam out and watch more games/ spend time here if we end up winning out.

Dad still wants him at Miami but is “fine” with Oregon. Says he’ll get coached and developed better at UM. Geo has good info so if he’s says it’s not mom I’ll go with it. I know she’s ok with Miami but heard she would prefer him at Oregon.

I think Miami still has a slim chance with him sleeping on it. I think his brother is also pushing UM.

He was committed to UM, bought in, all but signed. Wasn’t even going to visit Oregon coming off his UM visit. Maybe even going public with his commitment the following week. Mario may have did it to himself because they were so confident they said they didn’t care if he visited Oregon.. so he did.
The part about Mario being confident and letting the kid know he could visit Oregon sounds like him telling Florence he wouldn’t take his commitment without him visiting UM.

That kind of stuff right there is why recruits love Mario and their families trust him. That’s why kids will choose Miami if they transfer. That’s why when he goes up against Bama and Georgia who are right now in a different league than us, we’ve got a chance because those people and their families know he isn’t completely full of 💩.

Sometimes you lose a recruit or two because you weren’t aggressive enough to close, but our kids won’t feel buyers remorse when they choose Miami, they’ll be 100% locked in and that’s what we want from our team.

I’m all aboard the Mario train baby! Let’s go Canes

Advertisement
I heard the mom and dad were the ones pushing the kid to Miami - they thought it would give him more exposure, NILs, etc. However, the kid felt more comfortable with the scene at Oregon (players he knew, etc). Fwiw
If this is true then perhaps it’s best he doesn’t come. The Miami culture isn’t for everyone and I want kids who embrace our history.

Oh wow.

In the midst of a poRster named @JG14 tryna come at me (by the way your user name sounds like some cheap *** Reggie Miller broke mfers smoke) that I missed this.

Wow, thanks for the nuggets.

Advertisement
I didn't realise you were all so sensitive about US geography.

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Advertisement
Back