2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Advertisement
In the Predictions thread I said the Dad would tell him to man up and he would choose UM. But there is nothing worse then a mom who gives you the guilt trip. I can only imagine what this kid has had to hear from mama the past few days. "So your not coming home for the holidays?".."So you are going to miss my birthday this year?".."The time zone difference, I wont be able to talk to you whenever?"...She has probably been laying it on thick. Feel bad for the kid.

And I feel even worse if hes not able to truly follow his heart.

I wont take the dads tweet as this is over though. I really think the kid has not decided but the parents are leaving it up to him.

I stand by my UM pick. I wont waver. Kids like this, usually go with their heart and mama usually ends up shedding a few tears when the recruit puts the hat on that she isnt in agreeance with.

I heard the mom and dad were the ones pushing the kid to Miami - they thought it would give him more exposure, NILs, etc. However, the kid felt more comfortable with the scene at Oregon (players he knew, etc). Fwiw

Gotcha can’t blame the kid he has friends at Oregon/going to Oregon. Miami is all new to him. Maybe would’ve gotten home sick and transferred anyways after a year or two.

Advertisement
I heard the mom and dad were the ones pushing the kid to Miami - they thought it would give him more exposure, NILs, etc. However, the kid felt more comfortable with the scene at Oregon (players he knew, etc). Fwiw
WOW!! Well I take everything I said back about mom. Sheesh!! So its him who is wavering and his parents want him at UM? Then that changes everything. Good riddance then IMO if he chooses Oregon.

WOW!! Well I take everything I said back about mom. Sheesh!! So its him who is wavering and his parents want him at UM? Then that changes everything. Good riddance then IMO if he chooses Oregon.
You don’t want a kid here who is going to be miserable. Very tough to pull OL this late in the game. Most commit on ESD. Give Mario and Mirabel a full cycle - OL is the least if ny worries going forward.

Gotcha can’t blame the kid he has friends at Oregon/going to Oregon. Miami is all new to him. Maybe would’ve gotten home sick and transferred anyways after a year or two.
Brotha..what friends? Mostly all of the OL from that Oregon class left! lol. Half the class left. The two coaches he was most closest to left. (Mirabel and Mario).
He essentially knows nobody at Oregon especially from the coaching staff.

Advertisement
You don’t want a kid here who is going to be miserable. Very tough to pull OL this late in the game. Most commit on ESD. Give Mario and Mirabel a full cycle - OL is the least if ny worries going forward.
I agree but with this kid? Miserable is a strong word. Kid looked like he was having the time of his life on his visit.

Advertisement
Dad still wants him at Miami but is “fine” with Oregon. Says he’ll get coached and developed better at UM. Geo has good info so if he’s says it’s not mom I’ll go with it. I know she’s ok with Miami but heard she would prefer him at Oregon.

I think Miami still has a slim chance with him sleeping on it. I think his brother is also pushing UM.

He was committed to UM, bought in, all but signed. Wasn’t even going to visit Oregon coming off his UM visit. Maybe even going public with his commitment the following week. Mario may have did it to himself because they were so confident they said they didn’t care if he visited Oregon.. so he did.

Advertisement
Dad still wants him at Miami but is “fine” with Oregon. Says he’ll get coached and developed better at UM. Geo has good info so if he’s says it’s not mom I’ll go with it. I know she’s ok with Miami but heard she would prefer him at Oregon.

I think Miami still has a slim chance with him sleeping on it. I think his brother is also pushing UM.

He was committed to UM, bought in, all but signed. Wasn’t even going to visit Oregon coming off his UM visit. Maybe even going public with his commitment the following week. Mario may have did it to himself because they were so confident they said they didn’t care if he visited Oregon.. so he did.
On one hand I want to say Mario is doing the right thing from a "father perspective" in terms of telling these kids to take visits and see what the best fit for them is.

The problem is, he's being paid to grab these kids and convince them to attend the University of Miami. Based on your last line, I would categorize this recruitment as a flat-out failure if he goes to Oregon; you can't have a kid that deep in your pocket, and allow him to wiggle his way out. You have all the OL credit in the world that Oregon can't match. Need him.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Wow another nice guy moment, sheesh..

Advertisement
Back