2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

and to think yesterday I was thinking this late evening announcement was going to be anti-climactic.
Brandon Huffman just released this:

This thing will be going back and forth all the way until 3:30 when he announces tomorrow, (or earlier, if he signs early then just waits to announce it).

Have heard from very good sources today that he was a done deal for Miami, then a done deal to Oregon, then back to Miami making a surge to get him back in the boat, to Oregon feeling like he would be theirs.

So there are a LOT of layers here. This one will be fascinating for the next 23 hours.
Wait, so Mario didn't just send a congrats note to Oregon and walk away into the sunset when he heard the Iuli was getting cold feet? The panic on this board and this thread in particular was stunning. We may not win this, but folk here just bail out at the first sign of adversity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
is this a dead period right now? Or do coaches still have contact with recruits?

Dead period. I think recruits can call coaches just not the other way around. Also coaches an talk to parents, handlers etc… so there are ways to still “contact” the kid. **** is going to be going right up till they announce. Parents working for the bags up till the pen meets paper

Miami can’t orchestrate NIL due to state law and he can’t be led to Miami via NIL negotiations. We’re at a disadvantage their. He’s only “got an idea” of what he can get at UM. He knows what the deal is at A&M. He’s got 6 figures at UM easily.
Hopefully they update that law soon. It's kind of crazy how Florida started the whole NIL thing first but didn't actually enact it first, and wrote a bad law frankly.

Last edited:
I dont know man..while I agree with you on this..if Shemar and Moe dont understand that there is a blank check somewhere in John Ruiz's office with his name on it paid from "LifeWallet" or whatever the **** is company is called..then maybe he really is finding an excuse to leave.

As Tony Soprano famously says throughout "The Sopranos", "What? I gotta spell it out for you????"
the sopranos hbo GIF

Advertisement
Imagine pulling Skinner from Bama, Kelly who was never coming here, and Cyrus Moss who was never considering us at all. All in a month and ppl are complaining the man didnt close on kids 2 months on the job.
This place is nuts HAHAHAHAH
Stop spitting facts, bruh! U clouding up this board, with the truth. We like unsubstantiated *****ing around these parts. FOH. 🙄

Advertisement
Advertisement
2 months. Ignore these people friend. They're doing this to rile people up and sit back and laugh.
Facts. I’ve followed recruiting enough to know when i see positive things coming. I’ve also seen 5 star kids leave the state only to come back. Stevenson for example. Appreciate you my guy

Advertisement
Back