2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Told ya’ll to calm ur expectations. Oregon made a good hire: they hired a DC just coming off a Nat’l Title (which they are exploiting), he’s young af & connects well w/ kids, and he is a great recruiter himself. Couple that w/ the fact UO has amazing facilities, along w/ old $ boosters?

I had a pit in my stomach when word came out he had a last minute OV there. Whether u all want to admit or not, but UO is a beautiful campus w/ amazing amenities for ALL of their student athletes. So if that’s the last chit u see, it can get u caught up. (Which is y both Mario & Rad have put an emphasis to upgrade us, b/c eye candy can affect recruiting).

Anyways, I hope we’re the good guys in the end, but again, focus on the class of ‘23, & don’t be emotionally invested in the class of ‘22; be pleasantly surprised if it happens.
I have already been pleasently surprised with the 15 he has signed already(including portals). Any more will be a bonus.

Advertisement
A bit under two months actually and Manny was not returning calls or texts prior to that… Anyone that expected Miami to have a top 10 class in a transition class is being unrealistic, it’s not going to happen. I’m more concerned with Mario and staff closing on the potential portals that are lined up that they want. They’d impact earlier…
100% here. It's much fairer to judge the portal and transfers than the HS recuiting. There are not the same built-in first mover advantages.

If the kid chooses Oregon over coming to Miami to be coached by the best OL coaching duo in CFB, then it's pretty clear it's about distance from home. Not much can be done about that. Is what it is.

he decommitted from oregon the moment Mario left. he gave us time bc of Mario. sometimes we just lost a recruitment regardless of everything else. kudos to lanning. they stole a Mario kid. either way, its always a hard sell for a west coast kid to come this Far East. its gonna be the biggest change for this staff which is why im glad mastro didn't wanna come here and what I think will be a tough sell for Joe recruiting this area. if your connections aren't huge down here and only out west, its gonna be tough esp if USC and Oregon look good with their new staffs.

Advertisement
he decommitted from oregon the moment Mario left. he gave us time bc of Mario. sometimes we just lost a recruitment regardless of everything else. kudos to lanning. they stole a Mario kid. either way, its always a hard sell for a west coast kid to come this Far East. its gonna be the biggest change for this staff which is why im glad mastro didn't wanna come here and what I think will be a tough sell for Joe recruiting this area. if your connections aren't huge down here and only out west, its gonna be tough esp if USC and Oregon look good with their new staffs.

Yup but it seems easy for a South Florida kid to go play in Texas which is a pit. Crazy times. Mario needs to get his staff figured out.

Marios done well given the time. I will say Oregon rebounded very well with Lanning. he put together a good staff too. this may be one that works out for both schools.
I think Lanning has gone all in on a recruiting staff. I don't think they've got much history of developing players.

He's taken one look at the location and realised he needs killers on the trail to get elite kids up to Eugene.

So if he brought in a handful of kids we weren't even in discussion for that signed here within a 50 or so day period that's not ur version of closing strong? We weren't getting skinner,moss,iuli,cooper,or the transfers we got previously... So is adding shemar what makes that finishing strong or how does that work? Recruiting is a marathon. It's not a sprint. We weren't even in this race. We jumped out of the stands and tackled a few front runners and we're praying we don't get disqualified.
You wasting your breath brother. Some posters would just feel different if Skinner, Moss, Kelly had held in their announcements till tomorrow. See how different their tone would be.

Advertisement
Y’all get so defensive when people have high standards lol. If he closes Iuli, Shamar and those guys, it’s a KO. No question. And I gave him props and acknowledged that it was a killer job to land the guys he did. Further, I know he’s going to get talent here next year and beyond. Nothing that happens takes that away. However - I don’t think it’s crazy to feel a bit letdown if he doesn’t close on Shamar, Iuli, or Connelly, etc.; if he’s taking them on as targets then I want him to close. It doesn’t have to be this deep thing of I think he sucks if he didn’t. Mario is a top 5 recruiter - other schools pull kids last minute all the time. I think he should be able to do the same. It doesn’t mean I want him gone if he doesn’t
I'm not y'all and I'm not defensive. I'm realistic & no, not many other schools pull kids last minute that they flat out weren't recruiting for years. Several schools are capable of doing that and it's because they have big money behind them and they compete annually for championships. Your words were you would be disappointed if I remember correctly. Disappointment for me is a extreme and relays the opposite of what you're saying now... I'd say anyone in the world would agree landing shemar,iuli & Connerlly would be a homerun considering two of them are 5stars and ranked inside not the top 10 and the other is a high 4 star... None of the three were even contemplating nor being recruited by the university beforehand... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my standards aren't what's in question.

None of this will matter tomorrow when we see the Boogeyman at Shemar's NSD ceremony: 😱😱

1643756139081.png

Advertisement
Brandon Huffman just released this:

This thing will be going back and forth all the way until 3:30 when he announces tomorrow, (or earlier, if he signs early then just waits to announce it).

Have heard from very good sources today that he was a done deal for Miami, then a done deal to Oregon, then back to Miami making a surge to get him back in the boat, to Oregon feeling like he would be theirs.

So there are a LOT of layers here. This one will be fascinating for the next 23 hours.

Advertisement

This thing will be going back and forth all the way until 3:30 when he announces tomorrow, (or earlier, if he signs early then just waits to announce it).

Have heard from very good sources today that he was a done deal for Miami, then a done deal to Oregon, then back to Miami making a surge to get him back in the boat, to Oregon feeling like he would be theirs.

So there are a LOT of layers here. This one will be fascinating for the next 23 hours.

JFC

Why do we love this sh*t so much?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Advertisement
Back