2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

I
Two parent household. Dad needs to sit the young man down and let him know he needs to go find his way in the world. If it’s Oregon, then fine, but don’t choose just because it’s close to home. Unless of course you are a SFLA kid, then you should stay home.
It does feel we are on the shorthand of these deals.

Alex Collins Mom wants him home, Arky buys off his obese coach. Luli wants to go to Miami, mom wants him home, stays home. Shemar I think wants to stay home, and Aggie's may buy off his obese coach.

Marvin Jones mom is Miami alum, but dad was a pathetic Nolie, so of course no chance on Gods green earth Miami has a chance.

Mattthew Thomas mom wanted him away from Miami signs with free shoes.

So on and so on

Advertisement
I

Alex Collins Mom wants him home, Arky buys off his obese coach. Luli wants to go to Miami, mom wants him home, stays home. Shemar I think wants to stay home, and Aggie's may buy off his obese coach.

Marvin Jones mom is Miami alum, but dad was a pathetic Nolie, so of course no chance on Gods green earth Miami has a chance.

So on and so on
Iuli and Shemar haven’t signed just yet. Marvin Jones was never coming to Miami. The rest stands but there is one part that you are omitting here and that is the fact that we have out rigbt sucked as a football team for 15 years. One 10 win season and 1 bowl win will do that.

Iuli and Shemar haven’t signed just yet. Marvin Jones was never coming to Miami. The rest stands but there is one part that you are omitting here and that is the fact that we have out rigbt sucked as a football team for 15 years. One 10 win season and 1 bowl win will do that.

Thomas was a giant bust too. :)

he’s had 3 months to fix an entire year of Diaz F ups can’t agree
A bit under two months actually and Manny was not returning calls or texts prior to that… Anyone that expected Miami to have a top 10 class in a transition class is being unrealistic, it’s not going to happen. I’m more concerned with Mario and staff closing on the potential portals that are lined up that they want. They’d impact earlier…

Advertisement
Do you consider Tennessee to be East Coast?
Honestly I've never paid attention to where Tennessee is on the map as it would relate to that. My trips to Tennessee have all been in and out and no surroundings areas. Vegas on the other hand I have a house in so I can speak clearly on it. I can't see how a place so clearly on the WEST coast isn't considered such. Unless you're being very literal in the term because of the fact it's not on the water...

I

So on and so on
Yup, Murphy's law. The parent or influencer who is anti Miami always wins out lol

Is it possible to hold two thoughts at the same time or is it only binary thinking?

Thought 1: Mario is the right guy for the job and will take us to new heights in recruiting in the long run. He helped land some guys that we wouldn’t have gotten and it’s only going to get better

Thought 2: not finishing strong when we are paying our coach over $8mil, that specializes in recruiting, is a let down and I expected more

Too much?
So if he brought in a handful of kids we weren't even in discussion for that signed here within a 50 or so day period that's not ur version of closing strong? We weren't getting skinner,moss,iuli,cooper,or the transfers we got previously... So is adding shemar what makes that finishing strong or how does that work? Recruiting is a marathon. It's not a sprint. We weren't even in this race. We jumped out of the stands and tackled a few front runners and we're praying we don't get disqualified.

Advertisement
Every night is like this for me my brother... Its what happens when all you do is deal with entertainers. I guess by definition I'm a degenerate now.
baby hat GIF

Advertisement
Told ya’ll to calm ur expectations. Oregon made a good hire: they hired a DC just coming off a Nat’l Title (which they are exploiting), he’s young af & connects well w/ kids, and he is a great recruiter himself. Couple that w/ the fact UO has amazing facilities, along w/ old $ boosters?

I had a pit in my stomach when word came out he had a last minute OV there. Whether u all want to admit or not, but UO is a beautiful campus w/ amazing amenities for ALL of their student athletes. So if that’s the last chit u see, it can get u caught up. (Which is y both Mario & Rad have put an emphasis to upgrade us, b/c eye candy can affect recruiting).

Anyways, I hope we’re the good guys in the end, but again, focus on the class of ‘23, & don’t be emotionally invested in the class of ‘22; be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

Told ya’ll to calm ur expectations. Oregon made a good hire: they hired a DC just coming off a Nat’l Title (which they are exploiting), he’s young af & connects well w/ kids, and he is a great recruiter himself. Couple that w/ the fact UO has amazing facilities, along w/ old $ boosters?

I had a pit in my stomach when word came out he had a last minute OV there. Whether u all want to admit or not, but UO is a beautiful campus w/ amazing amenities for ALL of their student athletes. So if that’s the last chit u see, it can get u caught up. (Which is y both Mario & Rad have put an emphasis to upgrade us, b/c eye candy can affect recruiting).

Anyways, I hope we’re the good guys in the end, but again, focus on the class of ‘23, & don’t be emotionally invested in the class of ‘22; be pleasantly surprised if it happens.
Best post of the day

So if he brought in a handful of kids we weren't even in discussion for that signed here within a 50 or so day period that's not ur version of closing strong? We weren't getting skinner,moss,iuli,cooper,or the transfers we got previously... So is adding shemar what makes that finishing strong or how does that work? Recruiting is a marathon. It's not a sprint. We weren't even in this race. We jumped out of the stands and tackled a few front runners and we're praying we don't get disqualified.
Y’all get so defensive when people have high standards lol. If he closes Iuli, Shamar and those guys, it’s a KO. No question. And I gave him props and acknowledged that it was a killer job to land the guys he did. Further, I know he’s going to get talent here next year and beyond. Nothing that happens takes that away. However - I don’t think it’s crazy to feel a bit letdown if he doesn’t close on Shamar, Iuli, or Connelly, etc.; if he’s taking them on as targets then I want him to close. It doesn’t have to be this deep thing of I think he sucks if he didn’t. Mario is a top 5 recruiter - other schools pull kids last minute all the time. I think he should be able to do the same. It doesn’t mean I want him gone if he doesn’t

Advertisement

Signing day tomorrow is less about those freshmen...listen, Shemar would be incredible, but it is what it is...

Finishing the staff and digging through the transfer portal, IMO, is more important than the results from tomorrow. Would love to land Stewart and Luli types...but less important. These transition classes - as I said in another thread - almost universally stink. You might be lucky and have a pro or two, but lots of those transition classes have a lot of attrition candidates. It is what it is.

Not only this but 💩 is going to change from now until tomorrow, if it’s made up or not. Fog of War like Turdman says.

Advertisement
Back