2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

It's his life and honestly the kid doesn't want to leave his adopted town. Our chances even before the visit were decent. The visit was a homerun and gave us a **** of a shot. But we have a lot of nonsense to overcome in order to close him. For me if we don't land him tomorrow (which is still a **** good chance)this isn't the typical kid who will be rushing the process and trying to transfer home. It's now or never. But you should see him as a BJ. We gonna nut regardless, but landing him is a big wet sloppy bj at a bukkake party. This wasn't even possible as of December. Now it's a legitimate conversation.
Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
I care just as much but yall say the dumbest ****, dude questioning Mario contract off a transition class
I left the board for awhile haha. I get a bit emotional obviously but everything is a struggle with Miami it seems. Long term it will be all good but just getting annoyed with all the small l's. I don't question the hire at all btw (don't think what you were responding to said that), I do question a lot of Mario's moves right now though. Not having a staff hurts right now quite a bit more than people think imo.

Moss is a Nevada (Las Vegas) kid. That's not West Coast.
You don't consider Las Vegas to be the west coast of America? Ok. Serious question than(don't know if you've ever been) but Vegas as a city is 15 minutes 30 if you drive slow from the California border. So are you saying if he was residing 15 minutes away while still going to school at Gorman,than he would be a west coast kid? Also if that analogy holds up what is a kid from the east coast? Does it have to be maine or Boston or the tip of the coast only applies?

If the name of the city doesn’t end in beach you not west coast. Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, Huntington Beach and so on

Advertisement
Is it possible to hold two thoughts at the same time or is it only binary thinking?

Thought 1: Mario is the right guy for the job and will take us to new heights in recruiting in the long run. He helped land some guys that we wouldn’t have gotten and it’s only going to get better

Thought 2: not finishing strong when we are paying our coach over $8mil, that specializes in recruiting, is a let down and I expected more

Too much?

How convenient that everything after the guys singed are gravy….yea sure.

Why is it hard to admit Mario isn’t recruiting to the level most here told us he would?
How is he not recruiting at the level most said he would??? He got Skinner, Moss and Kelly while keeping Wes and Graves among others. Plus, some people are sleeping on Jaden Harris. If we close with McCoy and Cooper, that is a pretty **** good class for 2 months. Last I checked, neither Shemar or Iuli have signed elsewhere so they're still in play

Advertisement
If Iuli ends up going to Oregon, people on this board need to keep in mind that Mario himself spent 2-3 years trying to sell this kid on... wait for it... going to Oregon. Yes, he was selling him on the coaching staff, but he was also selling him on the school. If the new coaching staff at Oregon is decent, they get to take advantage of location, staff, and all the selling that Mario did specific to the school.

My only concern at this point is the size of the 2022 class. I'm worried we might end up with too small a class, and feeling some pain down the road as a result. Regardless of what happens here, we need some work in the portal, because it doesn't look like we're getting more than 15 HS signees.

If Iuli ends up going to Oregon, people on this board need to keep in mind that Mario himself spent 2-3 years trying to sell this kid on... wait for it... going to Oregon. Yes, he was selling him on the coaching staff, but he was also selling him on the school. If the new coaching staff at Oregon is decent, they get to take advantage of location, staff, and all the selling that Mario did specific to the school.

My only concern at this point is the size of the 2022 class. I'm worried we might end up with too small a class, and feeling some pain down the road as a result. Regardless of what happens here, we need some work in the portal, because it doesn't look like we're getting more than 15 HS signees.
This is where I’m at. Mario has to sell this kid on moving across the country away from his family. Maybe just maybe he wants to stay home?

The size of the class would be a major concern pre portal. The portal changed all that.

Advertisement
You don't consider Las Vegas to be the west coast of America? Ok. Serious question than(don't know if you've ever been) but Vegas as a city is 15 minutes 30 if you drive slow from the California border. So are you saying if he was residing 15 minutes away while still going to school at Gorman,than he would be a west coast kid? Also if that analogy holds up what is a kid from the east coast? Does it have to be maine or Boston or the tip of the coast only applies?
Do you consider Tennessee to be East Coast?

I left the board for awhile haha. I get a bit emotional obviously but everything is a struggle with Miami it seems. Long term it will be all good but just getting annoyed with all the small l's. I don't question the hire at all btw (don't think what you were responding to said that), I do question a lot of Mario's moves right now though. Not having a staff hurts right now quite a bit more than people think imo.
You have the right to question, i am too. The timing of everything is weird but after the last 2 decades i can’t complain. Just keep building, this **** not gonna come alive overnight

Advertisement
To give context to your argument..I would be interested to see a comparison of other transition classes from big time HCs and what their final ranking was with just a few months to recruit in their first year... (I.E., Saban, Smart, Dabo, Urban Meyer, Riley at USC, etc). ****, you can throw Lanning from Oregon and Venalbes from OU in there too.

If the majority landed in the top 25 after being in the bottom 60 to begin with..then you might have a point here. If you are going to kill Mario for the finish that is fine, but we need some "in comparison to what?" here too.
That's fair

Is it possible to hold two thoughts at the same time or is it only binary thinking?

Thought 1: Mario is the right guy for the job and will take us to new heights in recruiting in the long run. He helped land some guys that we wouldn’t have gotten and it’s only going to get better

Thought 2: not finishing strong when we are paying our coach over $8mil, that specializes in recruiting, is a let down and I expected more

Too much?
Stop being a normal human being. It has no place here

Advertisement
Back