2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Exactly. The game has changed. The rules have changed to make games more high scoring. The game is more like pro arcade mode in Madden now lol
More and more top matchups are shootouts now because of rule changes. When talent levels are equal, the team with the better offense tends to win because the game is literally designed to be a high scoring sport now.

Nick Saban learned this from his losses to Clemson and Ohio State in the playoffs. They try to stay balanced because balance is the toughest thing to defend but they've made the transition from pro style ground and pound to full on no-huddle spread. They average 74 offensive plays a game. Which is a ton when you consider how many fourth quarters they spend just trying to run out the clock at the end of a blowout. Their run/pass balance is pretty even (38 passes/ 36 runs) but the difference is they're getting 350 yards per game through the air and only around 150 on the ground. Their leading rusher has 1064 yards on the season while they have two receivers with over 1100 yards receiving.

Advertisement
More and more top matchups are shootouts now because of rule changes. When talent levels are equal, the team with the better offense tends to win because the game is literally designed to be a high scoring sport now.

Nick Saban learned this from his losses to Clemson and Ohio State in the playoffs. They try to stay balanced because balance is the toughest thing to defend but they've made the transition from pro style ground and pound to full on no-huddle spread. They average 74 offensive plays a game. Which is a ton when you consider how many fourth quarters they spend just trying to run out the clock at the end of a blowout. Their run/pass balance is pretty even (38 passes/ 36 runs) but the difference is they're getting 350 yards per game through the air and only around 150 on the ground. Their leading rusher has 1064 yards on the season while they have two receivers with over 1100 yards receiving.
Yeah it’s cause as you said they are running the clock out late. So they’re not trying to score like that and so they will have less yards

Despite Cal being a choking dog most every year, he still has had enough talent to win a title in his time...

Cal has looked much better with good people around him and Mario is smart enough to understand this concept...

Sometimes sheer stockpiling of talent can win titles, just look at Butch Davis years...
Let’s hope Mario coaches better than Cal

Advertisement
I would agree with this, but you still need the trenches filled with maulers. Beat the opposing lines to a pulp and you will be looking good.
No matter how much the game changes it’ll always be about both trenches. No matter if you’re passing or running. You gotta protect the qb and get to the qb.

Advertisement
Dude this Mario **** is nuts man like we have kids who were not even remotely interested in Miami and some who didn’t have an offer coming to visit from across the country and make it seem like we are theirs to lose. What do I do with my hands Jesus
Dude this Mario **** is nuts man like we have kids who were not even remotely interested in Miami and some who didn’t have an offer coming to visit from across the country and make it seem like we are theirs to lose. What do I do with my hands Jesus
JC bro! Go put them on a woman please 😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
I expect splits to continue to get bigger and more teams to be running 6-8 ft splits which is going to effect the type of kids that’ll be able to function efficiently in these redunc splits

Advertisement
I expect splits to continue to get bigger and more teams to be running 6-8 ft splits which is going to effect the type of kids that’ll be able to function efficiently in these redunc splits

That's why we have to have kids like Taylor and Stewart and Kelly on defensive line. They'll thrive in either scheme. On OL, you just need to stack talent of all types.

This is a Rembrandt. She’s a beaut, Clark!
Christmas Vacation GIF

Advertisement
Back