2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

They coming. I like that Mario didn't consider 2022 a write off and went all portal. He has a 10 year contract and he needs to build the here and now alongside the future. U can get a bunch of portal kids and have a great season, then the following season your entire team is FR and SO who didn't get much growth.

Don't mistake me as saying i don't want the portal kids. They need to be the cherry on the top though. Not the foundation. In my opinion atleast.

Advertisement
ricky bobby idk GIF

TrumpyCane says put them in your pants

or your significant others pants

Couple guys from different recruiting sites mentioned Iuli was one of the best interviews they ever done. Apparently great personality. In that same 247 interview Iuli also mentioned multiple times how all the Oregon commits were close and how they all kinda followed Jahlil Florence's lead of decomitting after Mario left.

Its not talked about much but having big personalities and ambasador type recruits are also important not only for this class but as hosts of future classes. There is different layers to building a roster and absolutely need these types in the program. Florence might have some juice on the West Coast, need that to crank up the pipeline.
This. Pin this, you get certain kids who are gregarious and charismatic magnets on the team. Pays dividends in official and unofficial visits in recruiting

Mario at Miami is like Calipari going to Kentucky...

UK used to sell croots on the school history which is great, just as Miami had been doing..

Now the fans are going to realize these kids want to play for boss level coaches and while a great school history is nice to sell croots on, when you combine the great crooter with a great school history then special, special things can happen...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes but as I said after that, just need to outsore teams to win big games. Not playing like a pu$$y. If you run the ball all game to try and slow down the high octane offense you will lose 45-10 lol. They will score quickly each time they get the ball like we did this year with TVD at times. We will continue to run and look up and be down by 21 lol. @ that point it’s too late cause they will slow the game down
Bama and UGA beg to differ with your assessment.

Make no mistake, those teams are ground and pound first, then pass as the game dictates amd what their opponents' D gives them.

Yes but as I said after that, just need to outsore teams to win big games. Not playing like a pu$$y. If you run the ball all game to try and slow down the high octane offense you will lose 45-10 lol. They will score quickly each time they get the ball like we did this year with TVD at times. We will continue to run and look up and be down by 21 lol. @ that point it’s too late cause they will slow the game down
Everyone would prefer to just run the ball consistently but you can’t focus on being a ball control offense at the expense of a passing game. We all saw the SEC championship game between probably the two best teams in the country. One team wants a ball control offense and only passes out of necessity, the other runs up tempo offense and emphasizes the passing game and elite quarterback play. Alabama put up over 40 points and over 500 yards against the UGA defense that was not only the best in the nation this year but the best statistically in a long time. The Tide threw the ball twice as much as the ran it. Georgia tried to keep up but once they fell behind by more than one score, they struggled to get back into the game because they aren’t built to score lots of points fast. They relied on a game manager quarterback all year and when push came to shove, their ball control offense wasn’t up to the task.

Advertisement
The minute the NCAA ‘Contact Period’ opens up on Jan. 14, Miami will host a trio of official visitors from the West Coast who were at one point committed to Oregon.

Puyallup (Wash.) four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli will be one with San Diego (Cali.) Lincoln Top247 cornerback Jahlil Florence and San Diego (Cali.) St. Augustine Top247 defensive lineman Gracen Halton joining him.

Iuli committed to Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal and they are why the Hurricanes are in a good spot heading into the New Year.

“Miami is a top priority for me and you know it’s because of that staff that they got going on,” Iuli told InsideTheU over the phone Tuesday morning. “I ain’t going to sit here and lie to you. Miami is a top school for me right now and it’s because Coach Mirabal and Coach Cristobal, we’ve been keeping that close contact. At the same time, I’m still open to schools and stuff like that, but for sure Miami is up there because I already know the coaching staff, I already built that bond. I know what Coach Mirabal is about. I know what Coach Cristobal is about.
“Honestly, I’m getting hella hate for it and people say, ‘Don’t chase the coach, chase the school,’ but personally for me, I know what a national championship coach is like. It’s more than that, you just got to read more than the coach. Miami is tops for me for sure.”

The Hurricanes will be the only school to get the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder on campus in an official capacity before he makes a decision. Oregon and USC will likely get unofficial visits from Iuli following the Polynesian Bowl the weekend of Jan. 22. Iuli has been talking with Florence and Holton about the trip. “We got a little group chat. I was like “What are y’all finna do?’ and stuff like that,’ Iuli said. “They’re like, ‘We going to take this visit and were going to see what it’s about.’ That’s all there is to it. We were just discussing the visit and how we are going to be, how they feeling about their recruitment right now. We kind of all in the same spot right now. After Jahlil decommitted, that kind of forced me and the other boys to almost decommit as well.
“We all close. I don’t think people understand how close that Oregon class was. When Jahlil decommitted, a bunch of the other boys did as well. We’ve definitely discussed it, coming down to Miami and figuring it out and trying to see where it goes.”

Playing his college football on the opposite corner of the country isn’t something that is hurting Miami with the blue-chip lineman.
“I’m more like I’m ready to get down to business type of dude. Wherever it’s at, whatever we got going on in football, I’m ready to bust a move and get to work. Overall, I know Florida is going to be a new place. It’s going to be new lifestyle, but if other people can get used to it, then Iuli can get used to it. We’re going to go check it out and see how it goes,” Iuli said.

The plan right now is for Iuli to sign in February after the Polynesian Bowl and trips to Los Angeles and Eugene. It will be interesting to see if Florida is able to squeeze Iuli on campus between everything.
“The Gators looking at me right now. The Gators are thinking of having me out there, so that’s another one. But we will get that one situated and figured out.”
Iuli is considered the No. 191 overall player and No. 13 interior offensive lineman in the country, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
1640716212914.gif

Advertisement
Mario at Miami is like Calipari going to Kentucky...

UK used to sell croots on the school history which is great, just as Miami had been doing..

Now the fans are going to realize these kids want to play for boss level coaches and while a great school history is nice to sell croots on when you combine the great crooter with a great school history then special, special things can happen...
Let’s hope Mario coaches better than Cal

Advertisement
Bama and UGA beg to differ with your assessment.

Make no mistake, those teams are ground and pound first, then pass as the game dictates amd what their opponents' D gives them.
Uga yes, but not Bama. Bama has not been ground and pound in like 5 years. Satan even said he changed the offense because you cannot win being ground pound anymore. Just because you run the ball doesn’t mean you are a ground and pound team. Ground and pound is the Titans.., aka run the ball more than 35 times a game. UGA does it cause they don’t have the QB to sling it around. Young won the heisman with 4,322 yards passing Which is 4th in all the land and 43 TDs which is second 2nd because Bama was ground and pound smh. That is one of the best seasons of all time for a QB.

The minute the NCAA ‘Contact Period’ opens up on Jan. 14, Miami will host a trio of official visitors from the West Coast who were at one point committed to Oregon.

Puyallup (Wash.) four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli will be one with San Diego (Cali.) Lincoln Top247 cornerback Jahlil Florence and San Diego (Cali.) St. Augustine Top247 defensive lineman Gracen Halton joining him.

Iuli committed to Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal and they are why the Hurricanes are in a good spot heading into the New Year.

“Miami is a top priority for me and you know it’s because of that staff that they got going on,” Iuli told InsideTheU over the phone Tuesday morning. “I ain’t going to sit here and lie to you. Miami is a top school for me right now and it’s because Coach Mirabal and Coach Cristobal, we’ve been keeping that close contact. At the same time, I’m still open to schools and stuff like that, but for sure Miami is up there because I already know the coaching staff, I already built that bond. I know what Coach Mirabal is about. I know what Coach Cristobal is about.
“Honestly, I’m getting hella hate for it and people say, ‘Don’t chase the coach, chase the school,’ but personally for me, I know what a national championship coach is like. It’s more than that, you just got to read more than the coach. Miami is tops for me for sure.”

The Hurricanes will be the only school to get the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder on campus in an official capacity before he makes a decision. Oregon and USC will likely get unofficial visits from Iuli following the Polynesian Bowl the weekend of Jan. 22. Iuli has been talking with Florence and Holton about the trip. “We got a little group chat. I was like “What are y’all finna do?’ and stuff like that,’ Iuli said. “They’re like, ‘We going to take this visit and were going to see what it’s about.’ That’s all there is to it. We were just discussing the visit and how we are going to be, how they feeling about their recruitment right now. We kind of all in the same spot right now. After Jahlil decommitted, that kind of forced me and the other boys to almost decommit as well.
“We all close. I don’t think people understand how close that Oregon class was. When Jahlil decommitted, a bunch of the other boys did as well. We’ve definitely discussed it, coming down to Miami and figuring it out and trying to see where it goes.”

Playing his college football on the opposite corner of the country isn’t something that is hurting Miami with the blue-chip lineman.
“I’m more like I’m ready to get down to business type of dude. Wherever it’s at, whatever we got going on in football, I’m ready to bust a move and get to work. Overall, I know Florida is going to be a new place. It’s going to be new lifestyle, but if other people can get used to it, then Iuli can get used to it. We’re going to go check it out and see how it goes,” Iuli said.

The plan right now is for Iuli to sign in February after the Polynesian Bowl and trips to Los Angeles and Eugene. It will be interesting to see if Florida is able to squeeze Iuli on campus between everything.
“The Gators looking at me right now. The Gators are thinking of having me out there, so that’s another one. But we will get that one situated and figured out.”
Iuli is considered the No. 191 overall player and No. 13 interior offensive lineman in the country, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
Sounds like Iuli is ours to lose

Everyone would prefer to just run the ball consistently but you can’t focus on being a ball control offense at the expense of a passing game. We all saw the SEC championship game between probably the two best teams in the country. One team wants a ball control offense and only passes out of necessity, the other runs up tempo offense and emphasizes the passing game and elite quarterback play. Alabama put up over 40 points and over 500 yards against the UGA defense that was not only the best in the nation this year but the best statistically in a long time. The Tide threw the ball twice as much as the ran it. Georgia tried to keep up but once they fell behind by more than one score, they struggled to get back into the game because they aren’t built to score lots of points fast. They relied on a game manager quarterback all year and when push came to shove, their ball control offense wasn’t up to the task.
Exactly. The game has changed. The rules have changed to make games more high scoring. The game is more like pro arcade mode in Madden now lol

Exactly. The game has changed. The rules have changed to make games more high scoring. The game is more like pro arcade mode in Madden now lol
I would agree with this, but you still need the trenches filled with maulers. Beat the opposing lines to a pulp and you will be looking good.

Advertisement
Back