2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Advertisement
Advertisement

VIP Scoop: Miami could be in position to flip an Oregon commit​

Mario Cristobal was building up one of the top classes in the country before he left Euegene for Miami a couple of weeks ago.

Since arriving back in his hometown, Cristobal has hit the ground running on the recruiting trail with two of his biggest wins coming during the Early Signing Period. The first was landing Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly, and the other was flipping Alabama tight end Jaleel Skinner, who played his senior year at Bradenton IMG Academy.

Now, Miami's attention turned towards filling out the nine-man class with at least seven more prospects. That total class size could be anywhere between 16-20 people according to Cristobal.

One of the many names the Hurricanes are going after on the West Coast is Puyallup (Wash.) four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli. Sources with knowledge of the recruitment believe that Miami has positioned themselves well to potentially flip the Ducks commit once they get him on campus at some point in January. That would have to come after the 'Dead Period' ends on Jan. 14, which could potentially be the first weekend Miami hosts official visitors out of the batch that plan to put pen to paper in February.

Iuli, who stands at 6-foot-5, 315-pounds, is considered the No. 191 overall player and No. 13 interior lineman according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. Alex Mirabal was a major factor in his decision to play for Oregon and could be the difference-maker for Miami in this recruitment.

"I was not worried about coach Cristobal leaving but coach Mirabal leaving changed my choices and opened up my recruiting more," Iuli told 247Sports' Brandon Huffman last week.

USC, Oregon State, Oregon, and Miami sound like the schools still in the mix.

Gaby put out article we could be in good position to flip him. Visiting probably Jan 14th.

"I was not worried about coach Cristobal leaving but coach Mirabal leaving changed my choices and opened up my recruiting more,"
That's most recruits in general, the recruit's usually commit due to a position coach. Alex Mirabal is going to be huge for us in recruiting

Advertisement
Our OL is going to be so much better than it has been in the last 15 years after Cristobal and Mirabal have a couple years to work on the talent level
Not only will they attract and GET better players but they'll actually develop them.

It's gonna be nice seeing players on our roster that won't peak during their freshman season.

gus sorola need GIF by Rooster Teeth

Advertisement
Advertisement

Always hard to evaluate offensive linemen but this dude pops off the screen with his size and mean streak. I watched this video and one other and noticed he got tons of snaps at left guard, left tackle, and DT. Sign me up!

Can we get Tua to contribute to a Samoana in Miami fund or something.

Duke is his next door neighbor. We can convince him.

VIP Scoop: Miami could be in position to flip an Oregon commit​

Mario Cristobal was building up one of the top classes in the country before he left Euegene for Miami a couple of weeks ago.

Since arriving back in his hometown, Cristobal has hit the ground running on the recruiting trail with two of his biggest wins coming during the Early Signing Period. The first was landing Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly, and the other was flipping Alabama tight end Jaleel Skinner, who played his senior year at Bradenton IMG Academy.

Now, Miami's attention turned towards filling out the nine-man class with at least seven more prospects. That total class size could be anywhere between 16-20 people according to Cristobal.

One of the many names the Hurricanes are going after on the West Coast is Puyallup (Wash.) four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli. Sources with knowledge of the recruitment believe that Miami has positioned themselves well to potentially flip the Ducks commit once they get him on campus at some point in January. That would have to come after the 'Dead Period' ends on Jan. 14, which could potentially be the first weekend Miami hosts official visitors out of the batch that plan to put pen to paper in February.

Iuli, who stands at 6-foot-5, 315-pounds, is considered the No. 191 overall player and No. 13 interior lineman according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. Alex Mirabal was a major factor in his decision to play for Oregon and could be the difference-maker for Miami in this recruitment.

"I was not worried about coach Cristobal leaving but coach Mirabal leaving changed my choices and opened up my recruiting more," Iuli told 247Sports' Brandon Huffman last week.

USC, Oregon State, Oregon, and Miami sound like the schools still in the mix.
This is refreshing because getting athletes here is easy and we always have them but the oline has always been treated as secondary instead of the biggest way to win and finally we have a HC who prioritizes it

Advertisement
Back