Former Committee on Infractions member sounds off on NCAA:

I wonder if someone has tried to convince rat Shapiro that he would make more money from being the guy who took down the NCAA. At this point, I can't see him selling many books off of the Miami sanctions angle. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns against the Najar at some point.

Smart post. I've heard secondhand Shapiro is also ****ed at the NCAA.

Second hand? I believe he recently was quoted directly stating as much.
If you heard that he said it not from him, but from the person he allegedly said it to, wouldnt that be second hand? Is it different when it's written?

Advertisement
I'd imagine he is ****ed at them for ******** up this case!

I wonder if someone has tried to convince rat Shapiro that he would make more money from being the guy who took down the NCAA. At this point, I can't see him selling many books off of the Miami sanctions angle. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns against the Najar at some point.

Smart post. I've heard secondhand Shapiro is also ****ed at the NCAA.

I'd agree that the story doesnt add much insight to the current events as they relate to the Canes and appears to be more of an infomercial for his practice.

That being said I do see one nugget of worthhwile insight as he describes every school that comes in front of the COI always has the same canned answers inclduing the refrain that they "wont ever be there again" or something like that. I bet that in most cases programs get to the COI and are looking to try and debate portions of the allegations so they can minimize the ultimate punishment. That's more a of a plea bargain vs anything else.

I think for Miami to prevail they have to come at this like it is no more business as usual and they arent simply fighting the claims against the Canes; they are fighting the system itself. Its all the crap that everyone on this board knows about like burner phones, corrupt and overzealous investigators, shabby investigative practces etc that, I suspect, are the cornerstone of the U's plan of attack. The U would seem to be attacking the integrity of the NCAA which is different than what this lawyer encountered. The NCAA has much more to lose in this scenario.

Ultimately, if they go that way, it is a high risk strategy by the U. Personally, I love it and give the University and it's leadership kudos for stepping up.

It is, after all, all about the U!

Advertisement
Back