foreign recruiting

Hi guys, I was thinking the other day about our problems with depth. I remembered that I saw a program a couple of years ago about how Gonzaga was using foreign players that they had recruited to have multiple top notch seasons as well as multiple deep tournament runs. College basketball is more like the NBA today than it has ever been. NBA teams scout and draft foreign players all the time especially from Europe. What if we did the same thing. Instead of just getting George this year , what if we also would have picked up a big. I have seen some European games and the players seem to be very skilled, it looks to me as if the system is geared more towards team play and skill development instead of beating you with just pure athletic talent and beating you 1 on 1. I am not even saying getting stars that are future NBA players. We could use it to get older more mature pieces that could help fill needed roles and depth on the team and wouldn't mind coming off the bench. I think we could fined guys like that who would love to get a degree from the U while playing the game they love and living in Miami which is a very popular city internationally and especially in Europe. Any ways I am curious as to what you guys think of this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back