For you doom and gloomers...

JZCane

Sophomore
Edward Aschoff ‏@AschoffESPN 9m9 minutes ago
So far UF has signed just 4 of the top 50 players in the state of Florida. Miami has 10 and FSU has 8, according to ESPN RecruitingNation

Advertisement
Richt has done well in last 60 days..... Byrd hurt but Richards was a great get.... stopping Tide from cherry picking talent at WR
Cooper/Ridley. look for staff to sign some immediate JUCO talent at DT & CB.
we will be well coached next year & overall talent is right below Clemson & Noles.
2017 will be a big year as Richt and staff have a whole year to make it happen.
after Coker, Shannon & Golden... being well coached will be a huge +++++++

Richt is a great coach and recruiter, next year should be fun, the only things I'm worried about is players picking up the new schemes in time, which really shouldn't be an issue, players kicking penalty habits which should also be very fixable, our Oline making enough progress from now until the season, and above all else I'm worried about or DB depth. If Corn or even Sheldrick go down it's going to be a scary situation.

So far UF has signed just 4 of the top 50 players in the state of Florida. Miami has 10 and FSU has 8, according to ESPN RecruitingNation

get outta here with your positive facts......

Richt is a great coach and recruiter, next year should be fun, the only things I'm worried about is players picking up the new schemes in time, which really shouldn't be an issue, players kicking penalty habits which should also be very fixable, our Oline making enough progress from now until the season, and above all else I'm worried about or DB depth. If Corn or even Sheldrick go down it's going to be a scary situation.

MR is far, far, far from a great coach. He can become one, though! I am rooting for him.

Advertisement

MR is far, far, far from a great coach. He can become one, though! I am rooting for him.

I do not agree with this

(3) "Fars" ???...... you're crazy man!

No you're not and everybody knows it. You hate everything Miami, troll.

Yah - sure you are rooting for him... and I'm rooting for fsu to win it all next year too!

fsu also has a top 2 class... so who cares where they are from lol

Advertisement

i think winning 10 games on avg is a great coach. its better then saban did at lsu. miami has better talent base then georgia which has a huge base also.

that said there were other issues at georgia. he wasn't allowed to run his offense was forced to give up play calling, forced to hire jeremy pruitt and others. he still won 10 games. with no qb. which is partly his fault but thats not a problem at miami when richt has had a qb his teams usually won 11 or more games and competed for conference and national titles.

he didn't get a nc. but one year he had 2 losses lsu did also and he was left out of title game, another year came withing one play of playing for national title , so he is a great coach. bobby bowden took a long time to get his first national title also. happens.

FSU still went ham and we have to play them every year, need a big time class next year to help counter that

They been going ham for years now and still barely beat us last year with the worst scheme and coaching in history . They also gave GT 1 of its 3 totals wins and got scraped by Houston. Jimbo is an elite recruiter that's for sure but i dont think he's an elite coach . I think we beat FSU next year

The problem is FSU & UF are more top heavy than Miami. Miami is getting a majority of their players in the 25 - 50 range vs. the 1 - 25 range.

Here's where players were ranked on that list:

247 FL State Ranking (Top 30)

FSU - 4, 8, 11, 14, 19, 24, 30
UF - 6, 9, 22, 26
Miami - 13, 18, 23, 27, 28

247 National (Top 100)

FSU - 7,31, 42, 48, 51, 67, 85, 90
UF - 26, 33, 45, 54
Miami - 82

FSU & UF combined to sign 12 players rated higher than Miami's top player (Sam Bruce)

Miami's overall numbers are nice, but until we start closing on the top Blue Chip recruits, we're not going to be able to compete for Championships again.

Advertisement
Right, averaging ten wins a year in the SEC is no big deal. :ignore2:

Advertisement
Back