For those who care, our rankings are

sigmar

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
6, Rivals; 8, Scout; 12, ESPN. Personally not a big believer in them but I always look, my curiosity gets the best of me

Advertisement
6, Rivals; 8, Scout; 12, ESPN. Personally not a big believer in them but I always look, my curiosity gets the best of me
It's heavily driven by class size. I'm not a big ranking fan either, but for those who are, it's hard to compare 31 kids to 20.

We average 2.97 stars on Scout (3.93 is the highest) and 3.33 on Rivals (3.74 is the highest) FWIW. And ESPN's class does not include our haul from yesterday. It is dated 1/5/12.

As long as we fill holes, I trust this staff to bring a much tougher culture to the guys we get. Getting classes full of the top ranked guys hasn't historically been a recipe for success. As much as it's good to get the studs like DJ Williams, we also need to develop the unknowns like the Dan Morgans to be successful again.

A class with 31 has a greater chance at having more difference makers than 1 with 20. You get room for error, and room to find diamonds like Witt.

Advertisement
I agree with Crispy, I have so much confidence in this staff to bring in kids that want to work to be the best and who have raw talent. I also firmly believe they will coach them up

Advertisement
Back