For those saying Richt needs "his players"...

T

Taverndrunk99

Funny how Georgia fans are saying the same thing about Kirby.
"This is still Mark Richt's players people. Just give Kirby Time to have a team of all players that he recruited... that's when you can judge"

Funny how we tell ourselves whatever we need to to get through.

Advertisement
I think that argument is quickly becoming outdated in cfb, especially when you have coaches coming in and having success year one with someone else's players. If it takes a coach 3-4 years to start producing results then that isn't really a good coach.

To be fair to Richt you dont judge any coach 6 games in. **** even Saban was 6-6 his first year at Bama. But with good coaches you see the team get better as the season goes on. Lets be real our season starting against GT. Now let's see what this team does the rest of the year. If we are sitting at 7-5 and struggling to beat Duke then Richt will have a lot of explaining to do at seasons end. Let's see some kind of progress.

To be fair to Richt you dont judge any coach 6 games in. **** even Saban was 6-6 his first year at Bama. But with good coaches you see the team get better as the season goes on. Lets be real our season starting against GT. Now let's see what this team does the rest of the year. If we are sitting at 7-5 and struggling to beat Duke then Richt will have a lot of explaining to do at seasons end. Let's see some kind of progress.

But Saban at least won a NC at lsu

But Saban at least won a NC at lsu

Yea he did and he's best coach in the country by far but it still took him time at Bama to turn them around. Richt is no Saban but I won't call him a failure in year 1 based on 2 games. Again, if Miami is sitting at 7-5 with more games like today, then yeah this year is a failure. But if we finish 9-3 maybe win a bowl game for the first time in forever, then that is progress.

Advertisement
You don't judge coaches strictly off W/L. You look at the context. Are we making plays we shouldn't? Are we missing plays we should make? Are we playing above our talent level? Should we have won the FSU matchup? Did we try the things necessary to give us the best possible shot at beating UNC?

I'm not as upset about the loss to UNC as I am to FSU. I think we stunk the bed against FSU. I think we magically kept UNC to 20 points.

You don't judge coaches strictly off W/L. You look at the context. Are we making plays we shouldn't? Are we missing plays we should make? Are we playing above our talent level? Should we have won the FSU matchup? Did we try the things necessary to give us the best possible shot at beating UNC?

I'm not as upset about the loss to UNC as I am to FSU. I think we stunk the bed against FSU. I think we magically kept UNC to 20 points.

I think the consensus is that he isn't doing a good job at having the offense play above their talent level.. I had us losing against fsu and unc before the season started for obvious reasons but I never imagined Miami looking so bad, maybe even worse offensively than we did last year and that has a lot to do with Richt

More than a decade ago while at the law school, I went to the Hecht to try to make my bones as a video coordinator for the football team...

Apparently, I should have just sought to be adopted by a future Head Coach. It's the easiest way to get that job these days.

This is happening ALL OVER football at nearly every level. I'm not surprised, but it sucks in college because of the staff restrictions.

More than a decade ago while at the law school, I went to the Hecht to try to make my bones as a video coordinator for the football team...

Apparently, I should have just sought to be adopted by a future Head Coach. It's the easiest way to get that job these days.

This is happening ALL OVER football at nearly every level. I'm not surprised, but it sucks in college because of the staff restrictions.

I like this Lu, not holding back.

Advertisement
I think the consensus is that he isn't doing a good job at having the offense play above their talent level.. I had us losing against fsu and unc before the season started for obvious reasons but I never imagined Miami looking so bad, maybe even worse offensively than we did last year and that has a lot to do with Richt

Yes Yes Yes^^^^ The play calling is awful and Richt refuses to adjust to the skill sets of his personnel.

Don Shula went to the Superbowl in the 80's with David Woodley as a roll out quarterback and then with Dan Marino as a pure pocket passer. He had to scheme each offense quite differently to produce wins. Had he only had one way of doing things and did it that one way, regardless of the strengths and weaknesses of his personnel, he wouldn't have sniffed even the playoffs.

Last edited:
dont matter if he gets his players he has to get the best players from sfla if he doesnt he wont win same with every other miami coach and future coaches

Team is young.

I don't know how much anyone could do with an ol as atrocious as our ol

Advertisement
Team is young.

I don't know how much anyone could do with an ol as atrocious as our ol

The point is... he isn't even TRYING!!!

There are ways to hide the OL. Running the ball not being one of them.

Do you mean by, like, I don't know, possibly going up tempo and trying to get the ball out of Kaaya's hands more quickly? Amazing how we as fans can see this glaring weakness but guys being paid $4 million per year can't see it or refuse to adjust.

Problem is we don't have an AD with ********s. Even if Blake doesn't know anything about football (which he doesn't) they can talk after Bowl game about the need for an experienced offensive mind to help scheme the play calling. I don't see Blake as that kind of AD that could have a heart to heart with Richt. Hopefully with all of his contacts someone will tell him that he needs help with the game plan.

Advertisement
Back